Phantom 4 Advance nearly takes out my Phantom 4

Reaction score
Hi guys, I went to Castleton today with a few of my friends and one of them had only just bought a new Phantom 4 Advance and only flown her a few times. He didn't see my drone and nearly hit it head-on.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What can we learn out of this near accident? At least two things:
1. VLOS is a must particular if there is another flying object around. FPV is absolutely insufficient to notice what is happening around your drone.
2. Very fine example of what we don't want to see of drone pilots or better - drone flyers, because It's hard to qualify somebody who "fly like a mad man" a pilot. It's not a toy to play with as such.

1. VLOS is a must particular if there is another flying object around. FPV is absolutely insufficient to notice what is happening around your drone.
2. Very fine example of what we don't want to see of drone pilots or better - drone flyers, because It's hard to qualify somebody who "fly like a mad man" a pilot. It's not a toy to play with as such.
Exactly, He got a good telling off from the guys as well as me who were with us, We were both in the line of sight and he was looking at his screen and not his drone. He has slowed down since and done very well with his drone.

Nice place to fly.
Your mate was probably mistook your for his & wondering why his P4 wasn't responding :rolleyes:

Reactions: Pixies Channel.
Hi guys, I went to Castleton today with a few of my friends and one of them had only just bought a new Phantom 4 Advance and only flown her a few times. He didn't see my drone and nearly hit it head-on.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Why were you have camera pointed behind you?

While I appreciate your caution and concern about safety, I must respectfully disagree when you say this is not a toy. If you are flying recreationally and you're doing it for fun it definitely IS a toy. And a new drone owner has every right to fly like a madman and have fun flying his drone legally in the countryside with his buddy.

While I appreciate your caution and concern about safety, I must respectfully disagree when you say this is not a toy. If you are flying recreationally and you're doing it for fun it definitely IS a toy. And a new drone owner has every right to fly like a madman and have fun flying his drone legally in the countryside with his buddy.

I disagree with you mate, These are very expensive drones and I know a few professional pilots that use these drones for there work so are not classed as toy. I like a good debate about these things so thank you for your comment buddy.

I disagree with you mate, These are very expensive drones and I know a few professional pilots that use these drones for there work so are not classed as toy. I like a good debate about these things so thank you for your comment buddy.
Don't get me wrong, the Drone is incredible. I am a part 107 pilot and I use my Phantom 4 Pro to earn income. It is not a toy to me. My point was that a new pilot who's flying recreationally and legally over the countryside should be able to let loose, fly like a mad man, and have fun. Just try not to crash into your mates drone!

They should agree in height for each drone and keep a 50' (15m) height separation at all times. If anything changes, communicate it. I've flown with friends, stated the rules before takeoff and we all went home happy and satisfied.

Don't get me wrong, the Drone is incredible. I am a part 107 pilot and I use my Phantom 4 Pro to earn income. It is not a toy to me. My point was that a new pilot who's flying recreationally and legally over the countryside should be able to let loose, fly like a mad man, and have fun. Just try not to crash into your mates drone!
I know what ya saying mate, Let's just say he's learnt his lesson now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers