Phantom 4, 2nd flight, some questions

Reaction score
Thanks for looking in. 2nd flight and all went perfect. This flight I recorded some video to practice with in 4K. Questions that arise are these...

Do you record in 4K for video all the time for editing purposes? Is their a better video setting for video your just keeping for yourself?

Do you download your videos from the bird while the SD card is installed? Remove props every time?

Is their a better video editor available that works with these files other than the DJI app? Or maybe a good YouTube video I’m missing I should watch? Open to suggestions for sure. Would like to be able to grab a bit of video, ad some audio and email or message someone?

Thanks again for any input as I need it badly, I’m seriously hooked on this Phantom 4. Flying is no problem, but video editing is definitely not my game.

Last edited:
Do you download your videos from the bird while the SD card is installed? Remove props every time?
That's slow and complicated.
The normal method is to pop the SD card out, put it in an adapter and put that in your computer to copy to your computer.

Depending on what you use for a computer. PC or Mac. I use a PC with windows 10. I use a software program called Shotcut. It is a free video editor and I use it because I learned it. There are all kinds of video editors. I guess it just depends on which one you like. I made this video with a P4P. Took the card out, put it into a adapter, and then put that into my computer and downloaded it. I then used Shotcut to edit it. Then uploaded it to youtube. I know that just about everyone else out here knows more than I do, but that's how I do it. I do remove my props because I have a case for my bird.

Reactions: Archangel3356
Do you download your videos from the bird while the SD card is installed?
I remove the memory card from the Phantom and transfer the files to my computer with a memory card reader (I'm using this one).

Remove props every time?
I remove the props after I'm done flying. It's easier for me to store/transport my Phantoms and also more convenient since since I like to inspect the props before each flight (which requires removing them).

Is their a better video editor available that works with these files other than the DJI app?
Check out this list of video editors commonly recommended by members of this site.

Reactions: Archangel3356
Thank you for the great advice. Ordered an SD card reader this morning to make transfer much easier. I haven’t flown away from my property yet so I haven’t had to pack it back in the case and remove the props. I only removed them to download video from the aircraft. Card reader solves this issue. And great links to video editing software, thank you. I’ll be checking those out now. I honestly appreciate you all taking the time to help me out. I don’t know a another person involved in UAV so your knowledge is extremely helpful to an old hand like me. And can someone tell me what the little handcuffs represent next to my original post title ? Looks like handcuffs.

Last edited:
And can someone tell me what the little handcuffs represent next to my original post title ? Looks like handcuffs.
Those are binoculars. You'll see that image beside the threads you're watching. You'll receive an alert (either in the forum or via email) when new posts are created in watched threads.

Thanks msinger, I didnt know. But binoculars sure beat handcuffs !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl