Phantom 3S device ????

Reaction score
I have 2 iPads, 1 has cellular connection capability and the other does not. Trying to use function follow me mode, I was not able to get it to work on iPad with no cellular capability. I was able to get it to work with the iPad that did have cellular capability (not needing to buy the cellular data). Does this have something to do with all functions like return to home, course lock, waypoints?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Im sure someone will chime in and give you better info, but from what I understand, the ipads with cellular capability are the only ones with a built in gps. so I do believe if you want to change your home point during flight, it would be necessary. Im also guessing it may be required for the follow me mode, but im not sure.

You cannot use Follow Me on a device that does not contain a GPS receiver. For Apple devices, that means you need the cellular version of the Apple device (the cellular service does not need to be activated). Other than Follow Me, the only other thing you cannot do is reset the home point to your mobile device's current location after taking off. All other features will work with Wi-Fi only devices.

Beleave u need to turn on gps on the none cellular one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimCJWolfe