Phantom 3 with iPad Mini 1? Anyone use it?

Reaction score
Hi folks, is anyone using an iPad Mini 1 with the DJI Go app and their Phantom 3? My brother has just offered me one for free but the first few searches on Google lead me to believe that the iPad Mini 1 isn't compatible with the Go app? Anyone use one? I currently use an iPhone 5 which also isn't listed by DJI as compatible but it still works fine so might just try the iPad Mini 1 anyway and see how it goes.

I fly with the iPad mini 1 and do not seem to have a problem. I also use my iPhone 6 but I like the the iPad mini for size old eyes. Give it a shot make up your own mind.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: RSV_Ecosse
i used iPad mini1, it works fine. The main issue is the video lag. If you want to do filming and actually watch the screen as you fly, iPad mini1 wont suite you for very long. The lag is too high. Especially if you are flying around trees. By the time you see the tree on your screen, you may be flying right into it.

I just bough a Lenovo A7 based on reviews. It's a cheap tablet ($99 AUD), the lag is much less. Still a bit, but definitely more usable then mini1.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart