Phantom 3 with extra battery delivery delayed ?

Reaction score
Hello. I bought the Phantom 3 prowith extra battery through the website of DJI. I did it because an operator told me that would be for the first days of June. The order is May 18 and I'm still waiting and they do not know to respond about delivery. On June 20I will travel to another country and I wanted to take it with me. Some of you are waiting from DJI the delivery and it`s delayed ?

I ordered mine on May 8, 2015. I received the Phantom 3 but the extra battery is no where to be seen and no expected ship date. The customer service after sales is poor.

Reactions: Watusee
Thank you Otis...
Had to be investigated more in forums like these before buying at DJI directly :(

Reactions: jbwill
They don't even answer if you ask about the ever-extending delay.
You may or may not get an automated acknowledgement.

Thank you 4wd... but the problem it`s they assured me that I would have the first days of June, because my date of trip... I will never trust again...next shop on a dealer

Thank you 4wd... but the problem it`s they assured me that I would have the first days of June, because my date of trip... I will never trust again...next shop on a dealer

DJI did ship to me for free and paid the international duties and taxes, but they can't tell me (or rather won't answer) when the extra battery is coming. I speculate they don't have enough of them built yet.

Thank you Otis...
Had to be investigated more in forums like these before buying at DJI directly :(

You should also know that while DJI's website looks American it isn't. After buying from DJI directly I incurred an extra charge on the credit card for "international transaction fee". Paid in USD but money was accepted in Japan. All I get is the runaround when asking about my extra battery and I'm hoping they'll ship something additional for the extra wait for the extra battery but I won't hold my breath on that.

I ordered a P3A from Drone Source on amazon, was suppose to ship on Monday I received a email this past Wednesday stating dji we're slow on fulfilling orders and its probably going to be another week or two, so who knows.

If you have a limited supply of batteries and you shipped out all bundled orders without the additional battery, to be delivered at some future date, and you have a choice of pairing up the limited supply with new P3's in order to make a sale or shipping out the limited supply to owners who have already paid up front months ago, which would you do. I suspect most dealers have already spent your money so they have a decision to make, sell their extra batteries for $150 to new buyers or ship their limited supply of already paid for batteries to bundled buyers. They've already got your money and you aren't going anywhere but that new sale will go elsewhere if they don't sell to him. Sounds like a no brainer to me :)

Last edited:
I got my second battery last week (I ordered 17/5 for delivery in the US, the p3 arrived 4/6 and the battery exactly one week later 11/6 after i contacted them on twitter and did a little bit of social media engineering)

I ordered a 3rd battery from DJI for delivery to the UK to meet me back home but found that my local RC shop have them in so contacted DJI to cancel unless they could give me a delivery date, i got this little missive in return:

"To be honest, phantom battery is in short now and we have many back orders. It is hard to advise a exact shipping date.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused."

Overall it seems a bit hit and miss who gets theirs and who doesn't and exactly when they get them. Contacting them publicly on twitter worked for me (their social media team seem to be on the ball)... ymmv though.

Ordered Phantom 3 Professional with extra battery May 8th, 2015. I asked over and over again about the extra battery and no answers came. After asking 5 times via email I finally got this response today...

"Storeagent02 (DJI)

Jun 15, 17:59

Thank you so much for your email.
The extra battery is estimated to be shipped out within this week, please feel free to contact us if you have any problem.

Thank you"

Hello. I bought the Phantom 3 prowith extra battery through the website of DJI. Some of you are waiting from DJI the delivery and it`s delayed ?

Ordered my P3P w/extra battery also on DJI's website.
Ordered and payment confirmed: 04/29/2015
Delivered (without extra battery): 05/20/2015

Got tired of no word on my extra battery, so I ordered one thru Amazon (PhotoCraft was the vendor)
Ordered P3P battery: 06/09/2015
Received in-hand: 06/15/2015 !!!! And shipping was FREE!! ($149.00 cost)

By-The-Way:
Ordered and original payment confirmed: 04/29/2015
Received email from DJI - xtra battery shipped: 06/13/2015 from China
Due to arrive Wednesday (according to FedEx tracking) 06/17/2015

Color me happy! Wednesday will see me flying with 3 batteries fully-charged!

If only, ordered 2 x P3 batteries 15th May and not a word yet.
Have just tried Twitter and someone asked for order number to check :eek:
But not replied yet. :(

It bugs me that direct orders are being retained despite taking money immediately.
An order to Halfords nearer home was also by PayPal and because it was delayed for three days they didn't take the charge until it was shipped.

Also very annoying direct orders are being held back when various dealers have them for walk-in sales!

But most annoying of all, complete lack of response to any enquiry as to progress.

Last edited:
If only, ordered 2 x P3 batteries 15th May and not a word yet.
Have just tried Twitter and someone asked for order number to check :eek:
But not replied yet. :(
Where did you order them from? I made certain that the vendor had them IN-STOCK before I ordered.

Aw geez! Just now went to order another on Amazon, and the price is UP $50 ($199.99), and they are OUT OF STOCK!! "Usually ships within 2-4 weeks" - that sucks. Man, I got lucky! Going out to buy a Lotto ticket today!

DJI online, who stated delivery in 10 to 15 working days.
You might reasonably assume this is a maximum not a wildly optimistic guide.

Thats the point i made to them about my first order. Not that this helps but i believe they have been caught completely off guard by the popularity of the p3 and are scrambling to catch up.

Edit: P.S They asked me to DM them my order no on twitter too when i contacted them... the social media team there i found were super helpful overall.

Just got word in email the extra battery is shipped. From China, so that will arrive in about a week to Canada. Finally.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31