Phantom 3 STD GPS positioning problem.

Reaction score
Hope someone can help.

I had a crash yesterday (low speed) with my P3 std. The gimbal was knocked and separated. I managed to get it back together and it seems to be working fine. However, there seems to be 2 issues that have arisen.

1. There is a "weak signal" error message on the DJI app.
2. When flying the P3 does not hover but drifts and will not maintain a steady altitude. GPS count is fine but it still keeps popping out of P mode to atti without being asked to.

I suspect it may be a loose or damaged cable somewhere - would anyone have any suggestions that might help me out?

Thanks
JRLIRL

Popping mode out of P can be also related to the compass. If the flight controller found some mismatch between the info he get, he disconnect and give full control (responsibility) to the pilot in ATTI mode.
You can check what report the sensors, especially the compass. You can try to rotate, tilt the P3S and see if the sensors report reasonable values.
If it is compas it can be replaced. It is in one leg. For the standard I don't know where are antenna in pro it is also in each leg. Maybe some cable damaged there?

Many thanks for your quick reply. I'll check that out - would a recalibrate of compass fix it? Little pub seems undamaged!

Never bad to recalibrate anything after a crash or a firmware update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers