Phantom 3 std fly away and crashed

Ok... so if I understand correctly, you're saying that "BEFORE it smacked the side of a building, you killed the motors"... is that right?

I think some of us read it as "it flew away before it smacked the side of a building".

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Any chance you were using an android device to fly?

The problem here seems to be poor sentence structure/punctuation. I think what the OP was trying to say was that he killed the motors before it smacked the building. If you read "Before it smacked..." as a new sentence and throw a comma or two in there, you'll see what I'm getting at.

After 2 months of flying my 3 std I decided to try follow me. It worked for about 1 min then turned and flew away. Before it smacked the side of a building at full speed, about 200 yards away, it didn't let me exit follow me but it did let me kill the motors and it crashed badly. DJI say pilot fault (dickhead on the phone) but they are reviewing my case.
I have a bebop, bebop 2 and a solo. I always thought the phantom would be most reliable but not true at all. Solo does all I tell it to, follow me included. No funny stuff Bebop 2. Fly over a mile away and back very fast at that.

Just my thoughts on a sad day in SC

Chun nation

This clears it up some. No disrespect intended to the OP just hoping to help out a bit.

Reactions: Neon Euc
There's something getting lost in translation here!!! :D I think I'm starting to get it though! The way it is written it sounds like he said it DID smack into the side of a building, but I think he meant to say that he cut the motors before it smacked into a building.

The post lacks some punctuation and capitalization! The way you arranged the information in your your sentences would certainly lend itself to the misunderstanding that it caused. Just one little period after "flew away" would have solved the whole misunderstanding! The word "before" starts a new sentence and should have been capitalized!

Last edited:
There's something getting lost in translation here!!! :D I think I'm starting to get it though! The way it is written it sounds like he said it DID smack into the side of a building, but I think he meant to say that he cut the motors before it smacked into a building.

Chun, I'll assume that English is not your native tongue. The way you arranged the information in your your sentences would certainly lend itself to the misunderstanding that it caused. Just one little period after "flew away" would have solved the whole misunderstanding!
Born in Ohio,army brat for 15 years,found a home in SC. I guess punctuation in important in text.My fault.

Chunthegrub

Lol, this thread is hilarious, you clearly said smacked, doesn't matter if you cut the motors or not you, the drone still hit the side of the building.

There were some known issues with android devices randomly changing the position of the home point resulting in flyaways. My bet would be that is what happened to you but we still need to see the flight log to confirm anything.

Chun, I expect that because you voluntarily shut down the motors you may have trouble pursuing a claim. But I wish you luck, keep us informed so that we are all better educated. Anxious to see how it turns out.

There were some known issues with android devices randomly changing the position of the home point resulting in flyaways. My bet would be that is what happened to you but we still need to see the flight log to confirm anything.

I'll wait on dji. To many punches being thrown via keyboard. I'll post what they say good or bad.Think it is clear by now it did not hit the side of a building.
Thanks anyway

Chunthegrub

That's cool mate. We all make mistakes. But think "with the birds" needs an apology for helping you tho
emoji6.png

Neon Euc
Thanks Neon but I'm cool- my concern was for our younger (or for that matter any) of our community who may be unduly offended by the language. Chun apologised for his language, something a lot wouldn't do so it is more likely he was just exceptionally frustrated with his predicament rather than being a grub.

We are passed that, I wanted some clarification on the basic facts and we got there.

The AC crashed after Chun performed a CSC.

@Chun So that we might assist you in any warranty argument that may eventuate with DJI the following detail might prove helpful;

Did you loose connection between the controller and AC?

What was your battery level when the event occurred?

Where was your home point recorded?

What were four RTH settings?

What version of the GO app were you using?

What did you actually do in an attempt to cancel RTH?

We're all the propellers attached when you recovered the AC?

The flight log from the app will likely contain some valuable clues?

Where did you perform the most recent compass calibration?

Where were you flying? What were the conditions, particularly wind speed?

How fast was the object being tracked moving?

How many satellites were recorded, was the AC in ATTI mode?

The fact you performed a CSC won't necessarily mean this is on you, particularly where it is evident a DJI hardware/software cause made the AC uncontrollable.

If you go to healthydrones or phantomhelp thee are step by step instructions on obtaining and uploading your log file.

Plenty of people here will assist you if you want/need assistance in analysis of the flight log.

Last edited:
Thanks Neon but I'm cool- my concern was for our younger (or for that matter any) of our community who may be unduly offended by the language. Chun apologised for his language, something a lot wouldn't do so it is more likely he was just exceptionally frustrated with his predicament rather than being a grub.

We are passed that, I wanted some clarification on the basic facts and we got there.

The AC crashed after Chun performed a CSC.

@Chun So that we might assist you in any warranty argument that may eventuate with DJI the following detail might prove helpful;

Did you loose connection between the controller and AC?

What was your battery level when the event occurred?

Where was your home point recorded?

What were four RTH settings?

What version of the GO app were you using?

What did you actually do in an attempt to cancel RTH?

We're all the propellers attached when you recovered the AC?

The flight log from the app will likely contain some valuable clues?

Where did you perform the most recent compass calibration?

Where were you flying? What were the conditions, particularly wind speed?

How fast was the object being tracked moving?

How many satellites were recorded, was the AC in ATTI mode?

The fact you performed a CSC won't necessarily mean this is on you, particularly where it is evident a DJI hardware/software cause made the AC uncontrollable.

If you go to healthydrones or phantomhelp thee are step by step instructions on obtaining and uploading your log file.

Plenty of people here will assist you if you want/need assistance in analysis of the flight log.
Neon is correct you are owed an apology.
And that I do sir. Felt like a wounded dog being kicked before my first cup of coffee.

Chunthegrub

Neon is correct you are owed an apology.
And that I do sir. Felt like a wounded dog being kicked before my first cup of coffee.

Chunthegrub
Your well and truly squared off with me Mate, you were the second you apologied to the group- thank you.

Get that flight log up and lets see if we can work out what happened to your bird. Www.healthydrones.com The instructions are all there.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Pretty sure we can work out what happened to the drone, a lot of people on here will nail this and be able to work out what went wrong. [emoji4]

Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT