Phantom 3 standard surf fishing guidance

Reaction score
Okay all for Christmas 16 I got my son a phantom 3 standard. A lot of research went into that purchase and I saw the fishing videos and thought we would do that someday. Concerning maximum sustainable payload there seems to be a lot of YouTube videos out there showing these drones lifting 2 3 and 4 lb one guy had a fish scale and crashed his drone because became unstable after 5 lb. What I'm looking to do is run about 1 lb a quarter mile to a half a mile offshore. So my question is really to fold do you guys think 1 lb for a half a mile is a reasonable sustainable payload for the Phantom 3 standard? Next question is concerning range DJI says up to a half a mile there's some aftermarket stuff out there that boasts quadrupling the range, I think it's a signal booster not really sure the reviews for kind of all over the place on this piece of equipment. I believe from manufacturer don't know if it's an Uber motor what that brings the range up to 3.1 miles? Don't really et Need that much but it would be great to have that capability anyway I purchased him a parabolic. For less than $10. We have not even begun to experiment on Range I intend to do that at the beach which is uninhabited where we will be unencumbered with structure and other electronic Transmissions. So we'll stay on the sand begin with but any recommendations on boosting range would be great. Thanks in advance please advise James

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4