Phantom 3 standard/ signal issues

Reaction score
Hi, my phantom 3 standard doesn't go further than 200m anymore. I haven't this issue before. Any suggestions? Thanks

Have you recently applied any updates to your P3S? It seems many of these problems occur as a result updates. I've never updated mine since purchase 3 years ago, flies great, and still gets about 6,000 ft. range. With DJI discontinuing the Phantoms, don't expect any further support or fixes to the firmware. Go back to a previous or older version of firmware if you can. Only 200m would frustrate me as well.

Have you recently applied any updates to your P3S? It seems many of these problems occur as a result updates. I've never updated mine since purchase 3 years ago, flies great, and still gets about 6,000 ft. range. With DJI discontinuing the Phantoms, don't expect any further support or fixes to the firmware. Go back to a previous or older version of firmware if you can. Only 200m would frustrate me as well.
No I haven't done any updates since I bought my dron 1 year ago. He was perfect until last week. When he goes further than 200 m start

No I haven't done any updates since I bought my dron 1 year ago. He was perfect until last week. When he goes further than 200 m start
No beginner mode or distance setting changed,,I would start by reinstall of app,,,what does it do ? Rth or no transmission at range or disconect

No I haven't done any updates since I bought my dron 1 year ago. He was perfect until last week. The prob is when he goes further than 200m start to become unstable while I losing RC signal. And sometimes before I reach 150 m start to stop suddenly 1 second before it return to fly normally while I push it forward until I reach 200m then the RC signal disappear. I did all the required calibration, but no thing change.

Try fresh link of drone again,might help establish better signal again
Screenshot_20190313-100242.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Im also having the same issue.. but havent had any luck yet.. cleaned antennas, checked all connections, and am considering the s20 chip removal mod, but my measurements are not ligning up with those who had the chip blown..
My drone is also still running the same firmware as it was fine before... Good range aswell. Im thinking that it could be on the controller itself but got no spare to confirm..

Also did relinking.. but no luck. Only thing that was done prior to this was installing latest version of dji go app.. older version was giving map init error... Could the new software keep us back on this issue?

These short range reports have dominated the forums for years. Something clearly limits the range on SOME P3S but as of yet, no clear answer. My only suggestion after what you have already done is open your remote and see if any obvious damage or problem with the stick and internal antennas, wiring and cabling. Anything come loose or not soldered properly? Handle the small coax antenna cables with care. Likewise, check the antennas on the A/C legs for a scraped cable or something. I just don't know if Go App could be to blame. I doubt it since it has no control over transmission or reception of the control and video signals. Good luck finding something.

Hi. I still have 3 months until the warranty goes out. Should I open the controller and take a look or, just try send my drone back which is used to take them a long time before they may fix it or not? Thanks

Hi. I still have 3 months until the warranty goes out. Should I open the controller and take a look or, just try send my drone back which is used to take them a long time before they may fix it or not? Thanks
OK some rubber gloves on if going inside,if you send it in and they know it been opened it void your warranty so do things nice,,few waiting I suppose but no one really ranting about long wait lately so mayby turn around time better in some cases,,be honest I can't wait to fly again even though it was yesterday,I did have a search but you think I could see one,,did find complete remote for 59 $ ,and it's the road some took from post I read from others,at least you will get some extra parts out of it or just link remote to drone and fly,,good luck if I find I post

Reactions: Qars
Hi, my phantom 3 standard doesn't go further than 200m anymore. I haven't this issue before. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi there;

this issue MAY be caused by a faulty chip that acts as a switch for the antennas. There is a very long thread about this issue, in here: https://phantompilots.com/threads/phantom-3-standard-range-mod-lets-do-it-together.80721/; go directly to page 74 and read on, starting with the post by @@HappyStandardOwner and then by @agteigarnet on pg 75.

If your drone is under warranty, the best is to send it back. If this is indeed the problem, they will probably switch the center board and the issue will be solved.

Otherwise, on page 77 of that thread I have posted step by step instructions for the MOD proposed by @agteigarnet, however be advised that this is a 'no way back' MOD. Be sure to read all messages from pg 75 on and to understand what is involved.

FYI, meanwhile I have acquired a 2nd-hand center board and replaced the affected one; as expected, that resolved the issue altogether.

good luck,

r

Last edited:
Reactions: Qars
I have opened the drone, removed all antennas, and very carefully inspected them, i could swear there was traces of corrosion on the coax cable at the connection, so i used clean alcohol, and dunked the u.fl connectors inside it for a minute or so.. i was even considering 100% lemon juice, but stuck to alcohol.
Also on the tips of the antennas i could see inside the thin strand some darken color forming, also cleaned that with the alcohol..

This morning i took the bird out and got well over 200m with the wifi signal eventually failing me. Where as i could only get about 100m lately.. my best range in the past was 385m. I have also not used the latest dji go app, as i find it lag (VIDEO) a lot with nokia 7plus.. instead i used an older version with an much older tablet which seems to run flawless..

My suspicion is that these antenna cables deteriorate on the connections over time.. i am strongly considering solder on these connections.

Hope this helps .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.