Phantom 3 standard range issue

Reaction score
I bought a second hand Phantom 3 standard, it works great, my only concern is the range, every time I go over +- 70m it returns to home, I have read it’s a firmware issue, does anyone have a solution for me as I’m new to drones. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

It's not really a firmware issue. If you are from Europe, it is their regulations that then make it a firmware issue. They limit you. The only way around it is hacking the software. You can buy mods to to increase range a little.
Go to archives and do a search for mods to increase range or hacks to increase range. There is a lot on it.

It's not really a firmware issue. If you are from Europe, it is their regulations that then make it a firmware issue. They limit you. The only way around it is hacking the software. You can buy mods to to increase range a little.
Go to archives and do a search for mods to increase range or hacks to increase range. There is a lot on it.

I am from South Africa, I have read on here it could be loose connection inside the control, will check that out today.

Reactions: MikeG69

Just another thing, I never lose video feed which makes me think it’s a hardware issue. I could be wrong lol, but just trying to figure this out

Reactions: b17raymo
I bought a second hand Phantom 3 standard, it works great, my only concern is the range, every time I go over +- 70m it returns to home, I have read it’s a firmware issue, does anyone have a solution for me as I’m new to drones. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Hi I am new to this game but I live in North Wales U.K. and I can alter my limit in the settings on the remote I at the moment have a height of 90M and a distance of 1200 M and it flies perfectly, hope this helps I have got range extender antenna

Hi I am new to this game but I live in North Wales U.K. and I can alter my limit in the settings on the remote I at the moment have a height of 90M and a distance of 1200 M and it flies perfectly, hope this helps I have got range extender antenna

That sounds about right, I’m not excepting huge range but I want atleast 350m+

Hi
I have Phantom 3 with antenna modification. I live in Australia. The max distance I can go before its returns home is 1220m with 85 m height. With just height I have gone to 120m, that's the max by CASA allow here.

Thanks in advance
You might be getting a lot of interference if you are only getting 70m distance, try flying in another location like open countryside.

I have a Phantom 3 SE the maximum flight range for me is 2500 ft in distance or 762 meters.

Unless you are in an area with lots of interference or physical obstructions you should be getting far more than 2500' with a P3SE.
In a rural area I easily get 4000' with no loss of video.

I reset the controller and it’s all sorted
Thanks for your post.

Please some details.
"I reset the controller"

Reset the controllers WiFi password?
Reset the controller link to the Phantom?
Reset the controller's firmware?

Rod

I reset the the controllers link to the phantom and I reset the WiFi by holding the camera button a toggling s1. I went for a flight and I was 105m high and 200meters away, which is almost double I have ever achieved and I was flying with a lot of interference, so I think it’s sorted

Reactions: RodPad
This weekend I also had major inference problem. Here in East Ridge, TN. I test my Bird at the HIgh School old soccer field. Since my last visit the finally finished erecting a cell tower about 40 yards where i fly. For years on a post was there. The finished. At first I had calibration faults. I had trouble trying to calibrate from the remote. I got a GPS and ready to fly. I took off and it acted as if in ATTI mode. Then it took off on it own. the remote would respond and sometimes controls reversed. I had my hands full. I signaled for a landing before going out of sight.
during this time I received a compass lost warnings. My bird came down and recieved signal lost. I found about an 1/8 mile away. No damage except landing extensions ripped off. I took it home tried a test, it tried to take off. I took in the house and bench tested it it. told me IMU was OK, compass would not connect. with props off i fired up the bird. regular stick command to power down props would not work. On idle i get messages motors at full top speed. I decided to relink the remote to the bird. recalibrated the IMU. The compass would respond as normal and received a good GPS signal. I tested it and flew normal and reacted to all my commands. It was a stupid mistake on my part for not being more observant. well much controversy has been talked about Cell Towers. I can say the can interfer. I think I overloaded the remote. I thought I pass this along. My bird is a Phantom 3 Standard. It's name is Wackjob 4. been in the air now for 1 1/2 years . Keep your Landing gear down and your Props up.....TALLY-HO
DOC LEMIEUX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1