Phantom 3 standard loosing signal after repair

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a P3 standard with the gimbal wires broken. I was planning on flying it without fixing and without camera but as it turns out it doesn't work without the camera. So i replaced the ribbon cable and the 2 antenna cables and tried to fly but i get weak reception and it cuts out and RTH after 200-300m. Camera and gimbal work perfectly, never lost the wifi video link just 'controller signal weak' and then 'controller signal lost' or similar warnings and then he RTH. Anybody got any tips? Firmware is the latest and tried in a few locations with the same result. Be glad of any help. Thanks.

Are you sure you replaced the FPV antennas? and not the controller ones?

You'll have to forgive my knowledge of drone anatomy. I'm not sure what FPV stands for...

There are 3 wires connected to the gimbal, all of which i replaced. 1 is a ribbon cable and the other 2 which assumed were antennas are connected to a rectangle foam piece which sits inside the aircraft. I havent replaced the wires which run down the inside of the legs. Are these the FPV antennas?

Thanks

Ps i figured how to attach a pic of the parts replaced

Attachments

• 15407057023183415854059669879139.jpg
    15407057023183415854059669879139.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 397
I mean, FPV Stands for First Person View so.. this would apply? (idk too much either)
And yes
You did it right.. but i dont seem to understand why the decrease in controller signal
Is the antenna in the controller fine? (antenna + cables)

The controller antenna seems fine. There's no damage at all on the outside. Do you know where the antennas are located which connect the controller to the drone? I assume the fbv antennas are all ok as the video signal never breaks.

Yes, but the controller has a 5.2Ghz antenna also
I was thinking the cable inside could have broke

I'll have a look over both this afternoon. I think there's 3 in the legs, would all of them have something to do with the remote connection?

2 are antennas, the other is the compass
Dont touch it

I had a look at both this afternoon and can't see any damage at all to remote or drone antennae. It seems weird to me that it works perfectly for a while then drops out. I almost wonder if there's a dodgy connection with one of them as well. Sometimes I'll get 100m up sometimes a lot more. Do y'all think it's worth replacing the 2 wires in the legs?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.