Phantom 3 Standard Jello Effect

Reaction score
Hello guys.. Hope your day is doing good. I have a question, I have jello effect on my drone. I dont know why is it happening I dont hear any "bad" sounds on gimbal, in total everything works good. I wanted to ask should i remove 4 pins and leave 2. If someone did this can you pleasae take a picture how is it looking when you remove the pins so I can see. Here is the video of jello effect that i recorded yesterday.

Nice clip ruined,,um can check your rubbers all ok,,check props are balanced,,start it up on idle and hold above your head to check if you can feel vibration from anywhere,,have you changed cam settings ? Sometimes iso causes jello but I thought it caused by camera vibrations picked up,,,never had the issue so bit unsure on a fix,,this just guess ,,its been a common fault so surprised by lack of reply on this,if you have search here with clicking on magnifying glass logo ,,you can search through previous fixes for ideas,,good luck and welcome to forum

Nice clip ruined,,um can check your rubbers all ok,,check props are balanced,,start it up on idle and hold above your head to check if you can feel vibration from anywhere,,have you changed cam settings ? Sometimes iso causes jello but I thought it caused by camera vibrations picked up,,,never had the issue so bit unsure on a fix,,this just guess ,,its been a common fault so surprised by lack of reply on this,if you have search here with clicking on magnifying glass logo ,,you can search through previous fixes for ideas,,good luck and welcome to forum
Thanks for a answer. I can say rubbers are little bit dirty i but i dont see and damage on rubbers. I have new ones. Should i replace them. And what do you think i saw that in manual too. It says that 2 pins should be on gimbal 2 of them are reserve... ?

I wanted to ask should i remove 4 pins and leave 2.
And what do you think i saw that in manual too. It says that 2 pins should be on gimbal 2 of them are reserve... ?
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, we have frequently suggested to use only two anti-drop pins as are in place when new from the factory.

Here is something I often share:

> You only need to have 2 of the anti-drop pins (inside the white vibration dampeners) installed on the gimbal. Many people put loosely fitted plastic zip ties in the two holes that come without the pins when a P3 is new.

More info:

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, we have frequently suggested to use only two anti-drop pins as are in place when new from the factory.

> You only need to have 2 of the anti-drop pins (inside the white vibration dampeners) installed on the gimbal. Many people put loosely fitted plastic zip ties in the two holes that come without the pins when a P3 is new.

More info:
Okay sir. Thanks for the reply. I removed 2 pins and left 2 only and put 2 laces in those holes. I am going on fly test now and I will get you back if there is jello or no. I saw on forums to tight the screw on camera. I cant find my hex screwer. Ill get you back. Thanks !

Okay sir. Thanks for the reply. I removed 2 pins and left 2 only and put 2 laces in those holes. I am going on fly test now and I will get you back if there is jello or no. I saw on forums to tight the screw on camera. I cant find my hex screwer. Ill get you back. Thanks !
for sure only two but never heard of using laces before so let us know how it goes. lol. thnx.

This could also be an electronics problem with the video camera sync. That kind of tearing happens with an unstable clock pulse in the image sensor.

Reactions: jiminyfixit
Welcome to the forum.

More info:
This could also be an electronics problem with the video camera sync. That kind of tearing happens with an unstable clock pulse in the image sensor.
I was on a flight test. I'm uploading video and sending back to you I think there is no more like previous. I need your opinion.

Welcome to the forum.

More info:
for sure only two but never heard of using laces before so let us know how it goes. lol. thnx.
This is it. There is little bit at the start. But i think that is okay beacuse it was at full speed going up. What do you think ?

Looks way better and watchable, still not quite right,,unsure what to advise to get it 100% but its close;)

Reactions: BakirS
This is it. There is little bit at the start. But i think that is okay beacuse it was at full speed going up. What do you think ?

Make sure the rubbers are the soft ones, unlike the harder ones used on the other P3 models.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj