Phantom 3 Standard Altitude

Reaction score
I am a new flyer and was wondering how high van you fly a standard to safely? I have never flown mine above 100 feet so far.

Thank you

It depends where you are flying, manned AC have right of way without exception. For example where I live private AC often fly well below 400ft not far from land over the water. Researching flight movements in areas you propose to fly is time well spent.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
You can fly to the legal height of 400’ AGL and well beyond without any problem.
Given the OP is a self professed new entrant to the hobby this is very poor advice. There are plenty of potential problems. You can add increased wind velocity at increased altitude to the collision hazard that may present.

I am a new flyer and was wondering how high van you fly a standard to safely? I have never flown mine above 100 feet so far.

Thank you
You want to keep it at 400 feet or under, per FAA guidelines. I've never flown higher than 300 because it all starts to look the same at 200. Also, winds at that altitude can effect the AC's ability to return to home in the event of a lost signal. Can you fly higher? Yes, but the key word here is "safely."

You want to keep it at 400 feet or under, per FAA guidelines. I've never flown higher than 300 because it all starts to look the same at 200. Also, winds at that altitude can effect the AC's ability to return to home in the event of a lost signal. Can you fly higher? Yes, but the key word here is "safely."

Another thought. If you're waaaay up there or been in the air a while, you might want to remember that these bugs go up very fast and down really really slowly. I've shared air space with low flying coastguard choppers (200 feet is not uncommon for them), so, getting down quickly an be a priority.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj