Phantom 3 Standard AC Wifi Antennas

Reaction score
So i narrowed it down that I need part 97 and a new anti-vibration board for my crashed P3S.

However, I cannot find Part 97 in stock anywhere!!! I've searched e-bay a few times, and have not had any luck. It seems the only way to replace the gray and black wire that go into the gimble is to replace the 2.4g antennas, since the connections are so small, its next to impossible to solder those and/or crimp them onto the U.FL gold connector.....

Just looking for some opinions on what I should do? Try to solder them, take it to a electronic repair shop and see if they can solder the wires?

Thanks!

I know how to google and I did that. If you click on any of those links, they are sold out/backordered/ or listed as discontinued.

Well, that's a bummer. Maybe try Hani Lanzi at UAVREPAIRSHOP.com (goes by 'hunch') on the Forum. He was clearing out his inventory and may have a few left lying around.

How 'bout it @hunch , can you help?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks. I found something at UAV direct, but its only one of the antennas. I wonder if i can upgrade the antennas and just put this on the Phantom 3?
https://www.amazon.com/HUACAM-HCM16...rd_wg=zjHsr&psc=1&refRID=T9WZF1YMAKFES9CP6CPR

Not sure about that. Let's see if msinger can answer that......

@msinger, can you help here ?. Thanks.

I eliminated mine when I added the Itelite DBS to my R/C. Super range of 2-3 miles with no dropout. May consider this a plan 'B' ?

Some like the DBS system, others the ARGtek system. Good threads on both here on the Forum.

Got me wondering though, why you need part p97's. Those are in the R/C, not the bird.

Maybe you need cable set part 81 ?

Last edited:
hmm....well the only way I can figure out how to fix the broken gray and black wire on the aircraft is to replace the 2.4ghz antennas on the bird. I guess those antennas are the same ones as in the RC. Maybe I can upgrade to the dbs or argtek and use the antennas from the RC and put them in the air craft.
ce51b5ca2526125acd209dfd4202f88e.jpg

42ade4c4c71c1dae4d4cbac9b8869a6e.jpg

That's a thought that may work if they are part 97's. Ufl ends clip to the main board, and the square plastic ends are hot glued to the bottom shell, on each side of the battery box.

If both ends are still intact and undamaged, you should be able to separate the shell and reattach them to the board.

Last edited:
So does anyone know if the two 2.4ghz antennas in the RC the same antennas as the 2.4ghz antennas in the AC. If they are, I might just upgrade the RC with ARGtek or DBI and then use those antennas in the drone.

Your help is appreciated!!

Thanks

I had a crash where Part 97 cable ripped off, you can find them online but not many shops have them in stock, lucky I found a place in Alberta that had them in stock.

As for the gimbal bracket on the base of the drone, mine cracked as well, so I ordered a metal one to replace it.

I'm lucky cause I can repair my own drone, however after opening up the drone I found the main battery compartment was damaged, the 4 posts that hold the main board in place was damaged, so in all I had to replace several parts.

Most of the parts had to be ordered by the dealer, however I only spent about $45cdn for the repair so I was lucky.

By the way I also contacted DJI for a parts list but they refuse to release any parts list for the P3S, they will accept a photo and tell you the part numbers that you need to repair the drone.

Total time to repair was about an hour.

My only advice is if you are going to repair the unit yourself take your time to open the unit up, dont rush and dont pry the wires too much, they seem to be very fragile.

Good luck.

So does anyone know if the two 2.4ghz antennas in the RC the same antennas as the 2.4ghz antennas in the AC. If they are, I might just upgrade the RC with ARGtek or DBI and then use those antennas in the drone.

Your help is appreciated!!

Thanks

@msinger....are the p97's in the bird and the r/c the same? I would think they would be having the same part number, but I don't want to pass on incorrect information. [emoji106]

I had a crash where Part 97 cable ripped off, you can find them online but not many shops have them in stock, lucky I found a place in Alberta that had them in stock.

As for the gimbal bracket on the base of the drone, mine cracked as well, so I ordered a metal one to replace it.

I'm lucky cause I can repair my own drone, however after opening up the drone I found the main battery compartment was damaged, the 4 posts that hold the main board in place was damaged, so in all I had to replace several parts.

Most of the parts had to be ordered by the dealer, however I only spent about $45cdn for the repair so I was lucky.

By the way I also contacted DJI for a parts list but they refuse to release any parts list for the P3S, they will accept a photo and tell you the part numbers that you need to repair the drone.

Total time to repair was about an hour.

My only advice is if you are going to repair the unit yourself take your time to open the unit up, dont rush and dont pry the wires too much, they seem to be very fragile.

Good luck.
Thanks for the advice! I will take the AC apart and make sure things seem to be in order.

Last night, I flew it around my back yard and everything seemed to be working well. No weird noises from the motors or vibrations, and the GPS worked very well.

@msinger....are the p97's in the bird and the r/c the same? I would think they would be having the same part number, but I don't want to pass on incorrect information. [emoji106]

Thanks for your help with this. I wouldn't mind upgrading the RC to a bigger antennas, since I live in a very populated area, my range is only about 1200 feet on a good day.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I recently experienced the same damage you describe. If you are still looking for part 97 let me know, I have a spare. FWIW, I would just take the opportunity to replace the stock 2.4G antennae with something better. To replace the stock antennae, you've got to get under the main board of the bird, AND there are better antennae options out there. Have a look at my thread here Stock birdside antenna replacement
I have the Maxx UAV dipoles on order and plan to test this next week, weather providing.

Sent from my SM-P600 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not sure about that. Let's see if msinger can answer that......

@msinger, can you help here ?. Thanks.

I eliminated mine when I added the Itelite DBS to my R/C. Super range of 2-3 miles with no dropout. May consider this a plan 'B' ?

Some like the DBS system, others the ARGtek system. Good threads on both here on the Forum.

Got me wondering though, why you need part p97's. Those are in the R/C, not the bird.

Maybe you need cable set part 81 ?
They are in the drone also, to the left and right of the battery.

Fyi the antennas in the air craft are smaller than the ones in the controller, so they might not fit. The one on the right is the rc 2.4 antenna and the one on the left is part 97 antenna the one from the a.c. I wound up not using the part 97 antennas because I didn't want to take apart the bird so I just mounted exterior antennas. See my other thread.

Thanks!
6e88f91963980c9eb109682da4128847.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using PhantomPilots mobile app

So i narrowed it down that I need part 97 and a new anti-vibration board for my crashed P3S.

However, I cannot find Part 97 in stock anywhere!!! I've searched e-bay a few times, and have not had any luck. It seems the only way to replace the gray and black wire that go into the gimble is to replace the 2.4g antennas, since the connections are so small, its next to impossible to solder those and/or crimp them onto the U.FL gold connector.....

Just looking for some opinions on what I should do? Try to solder them, take it to a electronic repair shop and see if they can solder the wires?

Thanks!
I wasn't able to find the antennas anywhere either so I search some variance of it and bought 2 to try because they were so cheap. (link is at the end).

They are thinner than the ones in the P3S and don't fit quite perfectly into the slots but I was able to use Hot Glue to stabilize the antennas. Also, the antenna wire is a lot longer but can be pushed into the fuselage.

They also have the right connection to the gimbal but difficult to snap in by hand. I used medical tweezers to hold the wire in place and another pointing device like a screw driver to press the connection down till it snapped on.

After making the connections and powering on the P3S, I was able to see the drone broadcasting from the DJI Go app. Problem, I reset the Broadcast Name and forgot the password I used to connect to it. So I had to go through and reset the WIFI link to factory default. It didn't work though. At least not until I fully charged the RC Controller as well as the P3S battery. I got lucky.

Note to self, if you ever need to reset the WIFI to factory default and it doesn't work as indicated in the instructions and all the videos, ensure you fully charge your RC remote and Phantom battery.

Once the WIFI was reset I was able to connect to the camera. Just needed to calibrate it after that.
I did a few small test flights up and down the driveway with no issues. I have not flown it further yet due to weather conditions. The signal though shows up as good in the app with my Samsung Galaxy S7 sitting right next to it so I am a little nervous what it will do on further flights.

Link to the antennas Not too shabby for $5.00.
(2.4GHz Antenna - Adhesive (U.FL Connector) - WRL-11320 - SparkFun Electronics)

Below is the information
SKU: WRL-11320
Product Name: 2.4GHz Antenna - Adhesive (U.FL Connector)

If you Google search 2.4 GHz Antenna U.FL you will be able to find different shapes and types all with the type of connector needed to attach to the gimbal. I knew there had to be more resources out there because of all the robotic building going on and FPV Racing Drone hobbyists.

Now the question is this...
Will it work with a 5.8 GHz Antenna that will produce better video feed with less lag and better range? I may test this theory out but it was a pain in the *** taking the drone apart. When you do this, map out which screws go where. I didn't and it took me a lot longer to put it back together. One of the reason's I am hesitant test the 5.8 GHz. Plus, will it interfere with RC 5.8 GHz controls. That would suck.

This all resulted from a crash my drone took while flying into a backstop in a baseball field. I had my dog with me and wanted to keep him from running off. I was fortunate the gimbal and camera did not break.

I wasn't able to find the antennas anywhere either so I search some variance of it and bought 2 to try because they were so cheap. (link is at the end).

They are thinner than the ones in the P3S and don't fit quite perfectly into the slots but I was able to use Hot Glue to stabilize the antennas. Also, the antenna wire is a lot longer but can be pushed into the fuselage.

They also have the right connection to the gimbal but difficult to snap in by hand. I used medical tweezers to hold the wire in place and another pointing device like a screw driver to press the connection down till it snapped on.

After making the connections and powering on the P3S, I was able to see the drone broadcasting from the DJI Go app. Problem, I reset the Broadcast Name and forgot the password I used to connect to it. So I had to go through and reset the WIFI link to factory default. It didn't work though. At least not until I fully charged the RC Controller as well as the P3S battery. I got lucky.

Note to self, if you ever need to reset the WIFI to factory default and it doesn't work as indicated in the instructions and all the videos, ensure you fully charge your RC remote and Phantom battery.

Once the WIFI was reset I was able to connect to the camera. Just needed to calibrate it after that.
I did a few small test flights up and down the driveway with no issues. I have not flown it further yet due to weather conditions. The signal though shows up as good in the app with my Samsung Galaxy S7 sitting right next to it so I am a little nervous what it will do on further flights.

Link to the antennas Not too shabby for $5.00.
(2.4GHz Antenna - Adhesive (U.FL Connector) - WRL-11320 - SparkFun Electronics)

Below is the information
SKU: WRL-11320
Product Name: 2.4GHz Antenna - Adhesive (U.FL Connector)

If you Google search 2.4 GHz Antenna U.FL you will be able to find different shapes and types all with the type of connector needed to attach to the gimbal. I knew there had to be more resources out there because of all the robotic building going on and FPV Racing Drone hobbyists.

Now the question is this...
Will it work with a 5.8 GHz Antenna that will produce better video feed with less lag and better range? I may test this theory out but it was a pain in the *** taking the drone apart. When you do this, map out which screws go where. I didn't and it took me a lot longer to put it back together. One of the reason's I am hesitant test the 5.8 GHz. Plus, will it interfere with RC 5.8 GHz controls. That would suck.

This all resulted from a crash my drone took while flying into a backstop in a baseball field. I had my dog with me and wanted to keep him from running off. I was fortunate the gimbal and camera did not break.
Good handy info:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl