Phantom 3 Spare Parts Pricing - Battery, Backpack, Cameras, Chargers, Props

download.jpg

Was 164 yesterday. Free shipping too. At 169.
$ it's only 8$ more.. 8$ more to have my battery here before vacation. I'll take it.

Got to pay to play. Supply and demand my friend.

Well, that's not how I view it - it's a short term supply problem where this particular vendor is taking advantage to make a quick buck. You don't see Advexure marking up pre-orders because they know demand is tight. I won't order from these guys ever because of practices like this. Make a few bucks now or lose a customer for life - not a smart choice IMO...

If i bought a bunch of batteries I'd sell them on eBay for $200. I did it with the first Wii. Bought a bunch and sold them on eBay for almost twice the retail price lol. I don't have a reputation to maintain as a dealer though.

Reactions: RyanK
Well, that's not how I view it - it's a short term supply problem where this particular vendor is taking advantage to make a quick buck. You don't see Advexure marking up pre-orders because they know demand is tight. I won't order from these guys ever because of practices like this. Make a few bucks now or lose a customer for life - not a smart choice IMO...

The item is worth how ever much you're willing to spend. They are charging $200. If people weren't buying they would have to lower their price. Clearly people are.

I'm picking up the hardshell backpack for $200 tomorrow. $35 more than online but I need it for Sat and am willing to pay that price.

Reactions: skyhighdiver

Very true, if you absolutely need one of these things that is such highly demanded with practically no supply then whatever, pay a huge premium because you're impatient. The guys at Advexure are steady and smooth and as I mentioned in this thread before, it is just slimy for those other dealers to take advantage of the market's demand. From what I've always seen in forums, groups, etc, Advexure has a very happy and loyal customer base as a result of their commitment to such a high level of customer service. Very stupid and again, SLIMY for other dealers to mark up like they are..they'll come soon enough and we know Advexure will take care of us.

Reactions: cmyk22
The item is worth how ever much you're willing to spend. They are charging $200. If people weren't buying they would have to lower their price. Clearly people are.

I'm picking up the hardshell backpack for $200 tomorrow. $35 more than online but I need it for Sat and am willing to pay that price.

I think you're conflating two ideas here - the first is your argument of supply and demand, I fully understand your position there, the error (from my perspective) is you're looking at the microeconomics of the situation when running a business vs doing this, as others have stated, as an individual with no reputation at stake. There are many examples of broad industries that avoid this particular business practice even when they have the opportunity to leverage it.

However, just because demand is high and supply is low does not equate to this being a good long term business strategy. It's also probably why you and I have different long term strategies for monetary goals in general. If I paid 10% more on everything I bought to get it earlier than I actually needed it I would have a lot less at this point in time. Would I have liked the 3 batteries I've preordered by now? Sure - but I'm not going to pay $60 more, that pays for over a third of my 5th battery.

Anyway...

TL;DR - just because you have the upper hand in supply/demand doesn't mean you should burn customers. Sure, people will buy, but you lose customers long term who watch how you treat them.

Very true, if you absolutely need one of these things that is such highly demanded with practically no supply then whatever, pay a huge premium because you're impatient. The guys at Advexure are steady and smooth and as I mentioned in this thread before, it is just slimy for those other dealers to take advantage of the market's demand. From what I've always seen in forums, groups, etc, Advexure has a very happy and loyal customer base as a result of their commitment to such a high level of customer service. Very stupid and again, SLIMY for other dealers to mark up like they are..they'll come soon enough and we know Advexure will take care of us.

yes but are they shipping I don't care if the dealer sleeps with donkeys if he has batteries and I want one Im willing to pay a premium
That said Advexure has 7 days till I cancel my order and buy from the many people that now have them in stock.
With the internet retail now prolific brand loyalty is gone, its who has it and how fast can I get it!
I got my first Phantom vision from dronefly great customer service nice people but my next one didn't come from them as other had them in stock weeks before they even got any.
I say let the market decide if he can sell batteries for 200 and people buy them god for him we call it free market
If you don't wont one for 6 weeks and only want to spend retail that's ok

But If I have it and you want it I will find out how bad you want it ;)
I will sell water for 20.00 a gallon in a drought if I can get it sold

Reactions: RyanK
It's simple. I'm willing to pay a extra 8$ to have a battery in my hands before vacation. Only 8$! If I wasn't leaving for vacation in a few weeks I would of waited.

I have a feeling Travis & Mike are packing our orders and processing the labels with dhl and USPS and getting them on the afternoon trucks to us.

:D

They said Friday/Saturdays are the busiest.
I just have a feeling.....that's all. ;)

No backpacks or batteries in transit from DJI. Both of those should definitely be in next week. No output from DJI's factory. @envisionabove you are right with the busy Friday/Saturdays but that is DJI's factory. The most product ships out from their factory in China on Fridays and Saturdays which always gives us extremely heavy shipping days on Mondays and Tuesdays.

GPC pallets arrived in this morning, all GPC P3 Hard Case orders have been shipped. We have about a dozen GPC Hard Cases remaining IN STOCK after shipping all pre-orders, they can still ship today for orders before 5pm CST. They can be found here: https://www.advexure.com/store/dji-phantom-3-case/

I think this is good news from Advexure. Just received my notification:

Hello, a note has just been added to your order:

Charger has been shipped via USPS tracking number 9405510200986367772612. Backpack and 2 batteries will be shipping separately next week. Safe and happy flying! -The Advexure Team

For your reference, your order details are shown below.

Your order was shipped on Friday 5th June 2015 via USPS. Tracking number 9405510200986367772612. Click here to track your shipment: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?qtc_tLabels1=9405510200986367772612

Order #AS-1767
Product Quantity Price
DJI Phantom 3 Hardshell Backpack (#DJI-P3P50)
Backordered: 1 1 $149.00
DJI Phantom 3 Extra Battery (#DJI-P3P12)
Backordered: 2 2 $298.00
DJI Phantom 3 100W Battery Charger (#DJI-P3P15)
Backordered: 1 1 $60.00
Subtotal: $507.00
Shipping: Ground
Payment Method: PayPal
Total: $507.00

Friday afternoon update (before we all drink a brewski and get a few flights in ourselves)

About a hundred P3 accessory orders went out today (mainly chargers and props) and all GPC Hard Case pre-orders shipped as well. As mentioned above, we do still have a few GPC Hard Cases left IN STOCK that can be purchased here.

Also, we have plenty of 100W Chargers IN STOCK as well. Anyone who has a 100W charger on order and hasn't contacted us that they would like their charger to ship separately, shoot us an email to [email protected] and we'll get your charger on it's way separately. Chargers are one thing that we have not automatically been shipping separately as many have told us they don't need the charger until they get their extra batteries. What good does a second, third or fourth charger do with just one battery? If you have not requested your charger to ship separately it will be shipping with the remainder of your order. If you are looking to order an additional 100W charger, they can be found IN STOCK here.

Lets all hope the Chinese are busy dropping foam into hardshells and packing up battery boxes this weekend so we can share some more good news next week. Safe and happy flying to all this weekend. If we can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you,
Mike

Got my shipment notification around 2pm my time for my GPC Hard Case, x2 100W Chargers and 4 extra sets of props. Also had a note with my shipment email that say the batteries and hardshell backpack in my order would ship separately next week.

Appreciate the service Advexure! Gonna be great having a case for my P3! Thanks again :)

Friday afternoon update (before we all drink a brewski and get a few flights in ourselves)

About a hundred P3 accessory orders went out today (mainly chargers and props) and all GPC Hard Case pre-orders shipped as well. As mentioned above, we do still have a few GPC Hard Cases left IN STOCK that can be purchased here.

Also, we have plenty of 100W Chargers IN STOCK as well. Anyone who has a 100W charger on order and hasn't contacted us that they would like their charger to ship separately, shoot us an email to [email protected] and we'll get your charger on it's way separately. Chargers are one thing that we have not automatically been shipping separately as many have told us they don't need the charger until they get their extra batteries. What good does a second, third or fourth charger do with just one battery? If you have not requested your charger to ship separately it will be shipping with the remainder of your order. If you are looking to order an additional 100W charger, they can be found IN STOCK here.

Lets all hope the Chinese are busy dropping foam into hardshells and packing up battery boxes this weekend so we can share some more good news next week. Safe and happy flying to all this weekend. If we can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you,
Mike

hello mike, one question, did you see the hardshell backpack on dji website? now it shows the dji logo (wich i prefer) can you confirm if that's the one i'll be getting?

hello mike, one question, did you see the hardshell backpack on dji website? now it shows the dji logo (wich i prefer) can you confirm if that's the one i'll be getting?

We will try and confirm this with DJI HQ on their Monday morning (our Sunday night). We prefer the one with the DJI logo as well :) Have a nice weekend.

We will try and confirm this with DJI HQ on their Monday morning (our Sunday night). We prefer the one with the DJI logo as well :) Have a nice weekend.

Any update on cameras. . Still waiting to get one... they show up on ebay .. but people are nuts paying over $600

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT