Phantom 3 service

Reaction score
How is your experience been with DJI tech support? Have you had to ship a P3 back for any reason? Has it improved recently? Debating which manufacturer to get. In the past DJI has not been known for their service.

Has it changed?

DJI is always improving. Their support is certainly not perfect though. For the amount of money you're about to drop, I'd be more worried about going with a product that has been proven.

I sent a bird back to them and the received it 2 weeks ago. They just told me today they've checked it into their first queue. Next step? Wait until they check it into another queue called the "repair" ticketing system or something. Once that is done then 5-6 weeks later I may be ready to get the aircraft back. 8 weeks. Or more.

I'd say there is not many that has dealt with dji tech much more then I have. I have some very shocking input on that subject. But what I'm going to say now is the same I would say to my brother and/or mother if either were looking at buying a P3... And that is the P3 is way ahead of the last model which is the "Phantom 2 Vision + V3" that it is doubtful you would need to send back for any warranty work. There is really is no comparison between the two setups at all.

As you can see my looking at the bottom of my signature I have spent some money on dji phantom's. I tell everyone I so wish I was just now coming into this hobby because what it is now is what I thought it was a year and half ago.

I would have to say that the few known issues there has been since it's release, about 98% is that of 1st time user/owner error. So...even though I have had some bad situations with dji, I must say they really have made a huge improvement with the P3's.

-Frank

The gimble wheel on my new P3P remote control has a loose connection inside. I have to jiggle it to get it to move downward. It jumps and skips and eventually goes down, but only when I hit the "right" spot with the wheel. This all shows up on video as shake and jerk. I e-mailed them 2 days ago from their support page, haven't heard anything back yet. Also not looking forward to losing it for 6-8 weeks for repair, as I just got it about 10 days ago. I looked into buying a second remote control for use while it's gone, but no one has them in stock, not even DJI.

They have had my P2 for 3 weeks in the "que" and 5 weeks total. Nothing has happened yet as far as repairs or contact. They say don't contact them for 6 weeks. I'm not holding my breath for a positive resolution to my flyaway and crash. My greatest hope is that they fix it like new and I can sell it to pay for my P3!

If I had issues with a phantom right now I would part it out on eBay and just buy a new one. You will probably come out ahead with prices on parts right now.

Reactions: bbfpv
I emailed support Monday about my Flight Record anomaly and have heard nothing but crickets.

My P3P mini sd card socket quit working, called DJI sent back May 11 went into que on 26th 5 to 6 weeks I should hear something was stated in the last update now I have not heard anything since. Very frustrated with the so called customer service.

How is your experience been with DJI tech support? Have you had to ship a P3 back for any reason? Has it improved recently? Debating which manufacturer to get. In the past DJI has not been known for their service.

Has it changed?
Very very bad customer support.I'm very upset with this company.I'm thinking very seriously to sell everything and to go with 3DR.

I have another way to look at it. You should budget for two Phantom 3s so that while one is at DJI, you can still fly. :cool:

Reactions: snerd
Prepare yourself for at least 6 weeks. Not sure why it takes 3-4 weeks to check in a RMA'd unit then several more weeks to do anything with it but that's the "system". Then pray to the Quad-God they replace whatever it is that's broke. Most of the cases I see are an offer to buy a new one at a discount rather than replacement. :rolleyes:

It is simply numbers-- they don't have enough people to handle world wide warranty claims. If they had 50 techs working on warranty repairs, it probably would not be enough. I know that doesn't get these aircraft repaired-- -- told someone else in an earlier post that they should be letting the authorized DJI dealers do the warranty work and replacement. It couldn't hurt - and they may not lose as many customers. Maybe someone at DJI will figure that out.:cool:

You know Bob I see this request a lot about letting local dealers handle repairs and it got me to thinking. Could it be that given 1. product liability and 2. product complexity DJI do not trust a cash strapped small business to repair their product? Maybe if it's software related they want to be sure and see every failure first hand for root cause analysis?

True, there is no guarantee that DJI will do quality work either as can be seen on these forums and others. But looking at it from a liability standpoint alone I'm not surprised they do all repairs in house. I don't think any "drone" mfr. will ever provide the kind of service that some have come to expect.

Don't think we will ever see "DJI-Care"!

It is simply numbers-- they don't have enough people to handle world wide warranty claims. If they had 50 techs working on warranty repairs, it probably would not be enough. I know that doesn't get these aircraft repaired-- -- told someone else in an earlier post that they should be letting the authorized DJI dealers do the warranty work and replacement. It couldn't hurt - and they may not lose as many customers. Maybe someone at DJI will figure that out.:cool:

You know Bob I see this request a lot about letting local dealers handle repairs and it got me to thinking. Could it be that given 1. product liability and 2. product complexity DJI do not trust a cash strapped small business to repair their product? Maybe if it's software related they want to be sure and see every failure first hand for root cause analysis?

True, there is no guarantee that DJI will do quality work either as can be seen on these forums and others. But looking at it from a liability standpoint alone I'm not surprised they do all repairs in house. I don't think any "drone" mfr. will ever provide the kind of service that some have come to expect.

Don't think we will ever see "DJI-Care"!
Yes, the liability risk always there, but DJI should be strong enough to train and possibly provide insurance sources for the dealers to cover those risks. If a new drone sold by a dealer causes property damage or injury, then the lawyers are going to name everyone connected in the suit including the manufacturer. How does a car dealer do factory warranty work and not be involved? Our new autos are not sent back to the factory for warranty work.
It was just a thought-- hoping someone from DJI is monitoring this forum and I am sure they are.:) Chinese business practices are probably not parallel with those in the US so I am basing my assumptions on what we do in the States.

Good point re: auto dealers.

Yes, the liability risk always there, but DJI should be strong enough to train and possibly provide insurance sources for the dealers to cover those risks. If a new drone sold by a dealer causes property damage or injury, then the lawyers are going to name everyone connected in the suit including the manufacturer. How does a car dealer do factory warranty work and not be involved? Our new autos are not sent back to the factory for warranty work.
It was just a thought-- hoping someone from DJI is monitoring this forum and I am sure they are.:) Chinese business practices are probably not parallel with those in the US so I am basing my assumptions on what we do in the States.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers