Phantom 3 SE -> Remote Controll broken antenna

Reaction score
Hello
I have a Phantom 3 SE and the plastic antenna on the remote control is broken.
The wire in the antenna is still there.
My idea was to install an RP-SMA socket and connect an antenna to it. A 2.4 GHz WiFi antenna.
The question is in which frequency range does the remote control communicate with the threat (P3 SE)
I don't quite understand why DJI didn't just choose this route itself instead of using a cheap plastic antenna that is doomed to break off quickly if one is not careful.
The questions
In which frequency band does the remote control communicate with the Phantom 3 SE.
In the manual is written :

Operating Frequency 2.400-24835 GHz; 5.725-5850 GHz

Someone wrote me:

Very few people understand how the SE works. The SE is unlike any Phantom DJI has ever produced. That little stick antenna you see on the controller actually communicates with your mobile device. It doesn't communicate with the drone at all. The patch antennas hidden inside the controller do that.
Very few people understand how the SE works. The SE is unlike any Phantom DJI has ever produced. That little stick antenna you see on the controller actually communicates with your mobile device. It doesn't communicate with the drone at all. The patch antennas hidden inside the controller do that.
This I could not believe, but of course maybe it is true.
------------------
There are ready-made sets with cables and antennas for this project.
I'm certainly not the first to do this.
I would be happy to get some informationen and some Feedback
best Regards
Per

Hello
I have a Phantom 3 SE and the plastic antenna on the remote control is broken.
The wire in the antenna is still there.
My idea was to install an RP-SMA socket and connect an antenna to it. A 2.4 GHz WiFi antenna.
The question is in which frequency range does the remote control communicate with the threat (P3 SE)
I don't quite understand why DJI didn't just choose this route itself instead of using a cheap plastic antenna that is doomed to break off quickly if one is not careful.
The questions
In which frequency band does the remote control communicate with the Phantom 3 SE.
In the manual is written :

Operating Frequency 2.400-24835 GHz; 5.725-5850 GHz

Someone wrote me:

This I could not believe, but of course maybe it is true.
------------------
There are ready-made sets with cables and antennas for this project.
I'm certainly not the first to do this.
I would be happy to get some informationen and some Feedback
best Regards
Per

If its similar to the Phantom 2 Vision Plus then the quad uses 2 lots of wifi bands, the controller sits on 5.8ghz and is done through the white stick you have broken, the video feed back to your phone is done using 2 patch aerials inside the controller (same as the P3 Standard, so not sure whoever wrote the above but he should have known about the P3S) on the 2.4ghz band, so you need a 5.8ghz aerial.

Slowly some light is coming into the darkness.
If I understand correctly, the drone is controlled in the frequency range 5.725-5850 GHz via the small plastic antenna.
That means if I install a corresponding socket here and an antenna in this frequency range should work.
If I look at the broken antenna, you should almost simply be able to take a thin plastic tube and run the wire through it.

But a socket for a real 5.8GHz antenna would of course be best.

If you have a recommendation for a 5.8GHz antenna, I am interested in it

Thanks a million for the info

best regards

Per

One is 5.8 and the other is 2.4. Do a little searching in our search
and you can see what you need to do.
one is for video and the other is for controll.
If I remember correctly 2.4 is video and 5.8 is control.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic