Phantom 3 Professional with screwed up video

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced scrambled video with their Phantom 3 Professional? I just bought it used and am wondering if it is a setting or if there is something messed up with the camera. I upgraded the firmware on both the remote and the UAV.

Attachments

• 35200400_10160629260080464_2894527955701071872_n.png
    35200400_10160629260080464_2894527955701071872_n.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 340
Has anyone experienced scrambled video with their Phantom 3 Professional? I just bought it used and am wondering if it is a setting or if there is something messed up with the camera. I upgraded the firmware on both the remote and the UAV.
. Let's start with isolating the issue. Obviously it's scambled on the device. Have you looked at the video on the card?

Wow! It's perfect! I never thought that the problem was just in the preview. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8" tablet. it's a good tablet. I'm using the micro usb cord that came with the Phantom. I just downloaded the software. Thoughts?

Wow! It's perfect! I never thought that the problem was just in the preview. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8" tablet. it's a good tablet. I'm using the micro usb cord that came with the Phantom. I just downloaded the software. Thoughts?
The tablet should work just fine. I would test it again using a different cable.

I have tried different cables with pretty much the same result. I have also tried an LG G5 phone which keeps rebooting the phone and an old Samsung S4 I have with a similar result as the tablet. Is there a setting somewhere in the Go App that can be adjusted?

Last edited:
Is it lag or distortion? Does it always look like that or only when you move the aircraft?

There is a setting in the GO app that will lower the resolution of the video feed. The image transmission may be more than what your device can support. Here's a good video I found helpful. It's for the P4 but some of these settings are available in P3 Pro. You want to bring down the resolution of the streaming.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's distortion. The preview image is screwy. I posted a picture of what I'm seeing. It's not always like that. Sometimes it is clearer than others. I will try the resolution thing. The Tab S is a good tablet, but I've seen a listing of devices that work well with the Phantom 3 and it's not listed. But my old Samsung Galaxy s4 is listed and it's the same screwy video. It's raining here today. Tomorrow I will do another test flight. Would interference possibly cause a problem with the preview and not the actual video?

It's distortion. The preview image is screwy. I posted a picture of what I'm seeing. It's not always like that. Sometimes it is clearer than others. I will try the resolution thing. The Tab S is a good tablet, but I've seen a listing of devices that work well with the Phantom 3 and it's not listed. But my old Samsung Galaxy s4 is listed and it's the same screwy video. It's raining here today. Tomorrow I will do another test flight. Would interference possibly cause a problem with the preview and not the actual video?
I doubt that is interference. And if it doesn't look like simple video lag, I doubt the transmission settings will make a difference. You may have a defect in the ribbon cable.

I've seen posts that talk about memory available on the device. I've started to delete things and free up memory. It seems to be getting better. I'm just turning it on inside due to the rain, but it seems to be better than it was. I'll try a flight tomorrow.

Reactions: RodPad
Pretty cool stuff. But it doesn't seem to help. I turned off a bunch of the stuff as was suggested. I have over 3GB of space on my tablet. I took the tablet to another place where I wasn't getting the message about interference and there was no different (like you said. :) ) I've tried a Samsung Galaxy S4 and my Galaxy tab S and different cables. I've tried all of the settings that I can think of. I think I'm going to have to return this. I will only be out the shipping. Too bad. I like the 3 Pro.

Pretty cool stuff. But it doesn't seem to help. I turned off a bunch of the stuff as was suggested. I have over 3GB of space on my tablet. I took the tablet to another place where I wasn't getting the message about interference and there was no different (like you said. :) ) I've tried a Samsung Galaxy S4 and my Galaxy tab S and different cables. I've tried all of the settings that I can think of. I think I'm going to have to return this. I will only be out the shipping. Too bad. I like the 3 Pro.
It's probably a bad ribbon cable. Regrettably, the seller may have known about it. Used is always a bit dicey.

You can probably find a refurbished P3Pro for around $600 including full one-year warranty. Check Amazon and E-Bay for sellers. Avoid Camrise, however, due to many complaints and negative reviews.

Well the continuing saga continues continually. :) I tried my LG G5 phone again and it WORKS!!!! So it must be something with my tablet. I will reinitialize the tablet and just install the Go app and see what happens. It was really bugging me that it wasn't working. I thought I would feel real sick if I sent this one back only to get another and pay more for it and find the same problem. I'll update when I do that test. Thanks LarBear360 for all of the suggestions!!!!

Reactions: LarBear360

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31