Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.5.0030

Is there a camera update or is it just an odd thing showing up when doing the rc update?
There must be a camera update with this FW update-- according to the Go app when upgrading the FW.

What's the camera update, 2.4k for the pro? Maybe there is none for the advanced? I haven't done the rc update yet to know.

@RedHotPoker

I guess we all have similar stories, I think it is what you do with these experiences that really matters.

February 5th, 2014 at 2:15pm (some things you just don't forget) I was told I had aprox 2 years remaining due to the spread of prostate cancer into my spine and ribs (Hell, I didn't even know cancer went into ribs). Driving home from that appointment my wife and I decided to laugh as much as possible and live every possible moment to the fullest. Due to this, in May of 2015 I bought my P3P.

I was told that mobility would deteriorate beginning in the fall (true so far) and thus my ability to enjoy photography was going to be an impossibility until I was told about DJI and their Phantom. An extension of this enjoyment is, of course, this site and discussions with others who enjoy this hobby. I don't post much as there are so many others who really know what they are doing and I enjoy learning from them.

I just wanted to thank you for this sub discussion between us within this thread. I was on the verge of leaving this site completely however the information and discussions with other members is something I look forward to each morning as I sit and get ready for the day. Nothing like a good cup of coffee and reading about what is happening in the Phantom World.

Anyway, I have learned from earlier posts that you are from Edmonton. I just wanted to thank a fellow Canadian for your posts during this difficult time on this thread. I am truly sorry about what Ottawa is going to do to your Eskimos later today. LOL.

Football folly, it's going to be one heck of a final game of the year.
For those who don't know, we have the CFL much like the Americans have their NFL football franchises. Our super Bowl is the Grey Cup, being Fought out today, hehe. Yes, it's "Tooth and Nail" time again kids. And my Edmonton Eskimos will be victorious... Count on it. ;-)

Hey man, or should I say Eh? Yeah it's great to read your post, health scares, be damned. I face renal dialisis soon, with failing kidney functionality, and everytime I walk through that Renal Insuficiency Clinic, and see all the friendly folks hooked up, to an input and output line, it scares the beejeezuz out of me. The medical care we receive or not, it's life. Kind of like take it or leave it, for many of us, & I prefer to keep it, and continue "tackling hurdles", to get as much enjoyment from mine as we can muster. It's not always easy, but nothing worthwhile is, so we must make an extra effort, to enjoy our lives, even with the short comings and frailties we encounter as we all get older, and wiser. ;-)
I hope you do still enjoy your photography, even from a different angle
Or higher elevated perspective. I was surprised even amazed at times, at the beauty that can be captured from our Phantom 3 drones. It's incredible to me, having these birds-eyes-views, of environments we had already becone so familiar with over time. Yeah, especially when the bird is coming right at you, in the air.
Now we're seeing it all, in a whole other new light, & it certainly brings much excitement back, to those often old overlooked, or boring locations we had already become accustomed to seeing, at ground level.

Ok, well, I wish your side of the vast country, much good luck in the final pigskin contest today. May the better team, fill that cup with liquid joy, and let the losing opponents, drink from it first. ;-) good sportsmen
Like conduct. Hehe it's always better to give than receive.

Please have a very Merry Christmas... And a Happy New Year.

Seasons greetings to everybody on this forum.
Seasoned members and Internet lurkers alike. ;-)

RedHotPoker

There must be a camera update with this FW update-- according to the Go app when upgrading the FW.
The Phantom Pro still camera is also supposed to be 16mp now.
But I'm not sure if that only happened for the Phantom 3 Pro' Android firmware.
Anyway, when the next update comes, soon apparently, us Phantom 3 Pro iOS Go App users, will have for video, 4K, 2.7K and 1080p.
How do we know if 16mp stills were instituted already?

RedHotPoker

Football folly, it's going to be one heck of a final game of the year.
For those who don't know, we have the CFL much like the Americans have their NFL football franchises. Our super Bowl is the Grey Cup, being Fought out today, hehe. Yes, it's "Tooth and Nail" time again kids. And my Edmonton Eskimos will be victorious... Count on it. ;-)

Hey man, or should I say Eh? Yeah it's great to read your post, health scares, be damned. I face renal dialisis soon, with failing kidney functionality, and everytime I walk through that Renal Insuficiency Clinic, and see all the friendly folks hooked up, to an input and output line, it scares the beejeezuz out of me. The medical care we receive or not, it's life. Kind of like take it or leave it, for many of us, & I prefer to keep it, and continue "tackling hurdles", to get as much enjoyment from mine as we can muster. It's not always easy, but nothing worthwhile is, so we must make an extra effort, to enjoy our lives, even with the short comings and frailties we encounter as we all get older, and wiser. ;-)
I hope you do still enjoy your photography, even from a different angle
Or higher elevated perspective. I was surprised even amazed at times, at the beauty that can be captured from our Phantom 3 drones. It's incredible to me, having these birds-eyes-views, of environments we had already becone so familiar with over time. Yeah, especially when the bird is coming right at you, in the air.
Now we're seeing it all, in a whole other new light, & it certainly brings much excitement back, to those often old overlooked, or boring locations we had already become accustomed to seeing, at ground level.

Ok, well, I wish your side of the vast country, much good luck in the final pigskin contest today. May the better team, fill that cup with liquid joy, and let the losing opponents, drink from it first. ;-) good sportsmen
Like conduct. Hehe it's always better to give than receive.

Please have a very Merry Christmas... And a Happy New Year.

Seasons greetings to everybody on this forum.
Seasoned members and Internet lurkers alike. ;-)

RedHotPoker
Excuse me but you're not allowed to say Eskimos anymore. LOL Good Luck and thanks for the posts, I guess we shouldn't hijack the thread.

Ok so I just want to confirm that we are supposed to update the firmware on the RC also with the latest 1.05? For some reason the RC does not recognize the firmware. The light stays red and doesn't start beeping or flashing. I already updated the bird with success. Any help?

That's pretty cool Phantom 3 hardware we are all dealing with. ;-)
It's a wonderful feeling when it all works right, and the glitches are drastically minimized through software, firmware, app updates, and fixes. Brilliant.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: jryser
The Phantom Pro still camera is also supposed to be 16mp now.
But I'm not sure if that only happened for the Phantom 3 Pro' Android firmware.
How do we know if 16mp stills were instituted already?
????????
If that's true, it's such a well kept secret that even DJI don't know about it.
The release notes made no mention of it and the P3 specs still say:
Image Max Size 4000 x 3000
That's 12MP

Ok seriously what is the point of adding 2.7k to the Pro without adding increased framerates to go with it? If the camera can handle 4k/30fps it can definitely handle 2.7k/48fps. Not impressed.

Has anyone had a chance to record yet and see if we got any compression improvements or added bit rate performance?
Its not about what the camera can handle. For me my computer does not like 4k videos. However it has no problem with 2.7 k resolution videos.

????????
If that's true, it's such a well kept secret that even DJI don't know about it.
The release notes made no mention of it and the P3 specs still say:
Image Max Size 4000 x 3000
That's 12MP
Perhaps I can wait until the official new Phantom 3 Pro' iOS firmware is revealed. This information has already been shared with dealers and was told to be coming & will be revealed to the general public very soon. When the update gets released. Don't take my word for it. But, I do look forward to that, if it's true and works well. ;-) in time. . .
If it was a big secret, they wouldn't tell anyone.

RedHotPoker

I don't see DJI mark on the clock :)
My sincerest apologies
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1448839428.100212.jpg

Thanks, You had me coming and going.
image.jpeg
That's much better... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Ok so I just want to confirm that we are supposed to update the firmware on the RC also with the latest 1.05? For some reason the RC does not recognize the firmware. The light stays red and doesn't start beeping or flashing. I already updated the bird with success. Any help?
You have to update the Go App, it will upgrade the RC.

I just installed the latest P3P update, or I should say, it is still installing. It has been over an hour and it still has not stopped beeping. The battery won't last much longer. I'm hoping they just forgot to tell the drone to stop beeping after the update.

I just installed the latest P3P update, or I should say, it is still installing. It has been over an hour and it still has not stopped beeping. The battery won't last much longer. I'm hoping they just forgot to tell the drone to stop beeping after the update.
look for the green light on the front of the gimbal mounting, if that is solid green -- it is finished-- otherwise, you may want to review all the steps and try it again.

look for the green light on the front of the gimbal mounting, if that is solid green -- it is finished-- otherwise, you may want to review all the steps and try it again.
Thanks, the green light is on. They must have forgot to turn off the beeping noise after it was finished. I will reboot and see what happens.

Reactions: bobmyers
I saw this at DJI website
Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level 6000 m (Software altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point)

Can someone with new firmware confirm this? Or it is still 500 m?

Thanks, the green light is on. They must have forgot to turn off the beeping noise after it was finished. I will reboot and see what happens.
Well, mixed results. The craft flew. I only lifted it one foot off the ground and it drifted several feet right into a metal cabinet. There was no discernible damage, but that was the first time it ever drifted like that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164