Phantom 3 problems after Crash

Reaction score
Hi,
I got a Phantom 3 Standard for free because a relative flew it into a tree.
[1] The first problem was that the gimbal did not work. After disassembling it I found the broken cable that connects the motors.
I bought a new yesterday and installed it today.
Unfortunately, it still doesn't work or I can't check it because of problem 2.
Also, the gimbal didn't move.

[2] Now I have a new problem.
The quadrocopter connects to the remote control and then, unfortunately, breaks the connection again, only to connect again and this repeats itself endlessly. I have checked all the cables and I have noticed nothing unusual.
The app says that the aircraft isn't connected. A few seconds later it says that it is connected, then the connection breaks again.
Can anyone help me?
I'm just a beginner myself.

Thanks a lot.

Do you know if ribbon was original part cause some cheap ones dont work,,I presume the gimble dont move at start up,,it should go through start up sequence,,any light showing on the gimble,,? As for the loss of conection it could be inside the drone,almost sounds like its unclipped from the board where anttennas clip in or it's a broken wire,,

Couple pictures of where I think might be fault,,the white plug might have pulled free or the antenna in the other picture ....yeh it sort of depends how hard the impact was and from what direction, hard jarring more than enough to make them pop out if they got bit of glue holding them,,there's no real grommets inside to absorb the impact which sometimes things pop out
Screenshot_20200717-010254_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20200717-010458_Google.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The ribbon cable that goes from the top of the gimbal to the drone body, is the power supply to the gimbal. The other 2 wires are your antennas. They give telemetry, information and video to your screen. The ribbon cable that runs the length of your gimbal feeds the power to the motors, camera and the camera feed. If all that is ok, then it could be the main board at the top of the gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers