Phantom 3 pro

Reaction score
Hello all! I've been flying my Phantom 3 Pro with an iPad mini for years now and even with a sun shade, and the screen brightness cranked full, it's somewhat difficult to see detail on bright/sunny days. I am considering moving to a newer drone for a variety of reasons but am wondering how the DJI smart controller screen holds up on bright days, and in general, compared to iPads & iPhones. I've done some research but am curious to hear hands-on feedback by flyers like you. Pretty sure this is a Mavic related question, but I thought I'd start here first as I am a current Phantom flyer.

Hello all! I've been flying my Phantom 3 Pro with an iPad mini for years now and even with a sun shade, and the screen brightness cranked full, it's somewhat difficult to see detail on bright/sunny days. I am considering moving to a newer drone for a variety of reasons but am wondering how the DJI smart controller screen holds up on bright days, and in general, compared to iPads & iPhones. I've done some research but am curious to hear hands-on feedback by flyers like you. Pretty sure this is a Mavic related question, but I thought I'd start here first as I am a current Phantom flyer.
You may want to borrow someone else's newer IPad Mini, and check to see if your mini is the problem. Many DJI Firmware upgrades are beyond the capability of vintage pads and tablets (E.g., NVIDIA K1).

Reactions: brigerdrones
I have the CrystalSky 1000 with my P3P, and it is no better than my Samsung Galaxy S10 Note+, a waste of money on bright days. It does have a larger screen and DJI sunshade which works better than my hand crafted cardboard job. Since I spent the money, wish I would have paid a bit more for the 2000.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers