Phantom 3 Pro P3P Gimbal errors after crash, repairable, perhaps ribbon?

Reaction score
Here is a video of what it does:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What could be the damage, perhaps the ribbon or something more like the servo?

I disconnected the ribbon and the camera its good working in fixed mode with tape

I had a similar situation after a very minor crash. I was told that the gimbal motor had burned out. My phantom three pro was under warranty however the warranty did not cover fixing the gimbal. I am not the only one experiencing this problem I think DJI should be made aware of this and try and figure out what’s causing the problem.

Sorry Andy but if the soldered joint has come apart after a crash I don't see why you think it's DJI's fault. I had a minor crash and my camera/gimbal would do nothing, dead when I turned the drone (P3A) on so it went off to Drone doctors (under insurance:)). Just waiting for it to come back and hopefully they will give me a breakdown of what went kaput!
From the equipment the guy in the video has he's obviously well into electronics. Not something anybody should start fiddling with, you could do more damage than good.

I appreciate the video showing the repair. I do have the tools and I’m knowledgeable enough to do this. Thank you

CaptKo, if you get a working pot off the board can you post its value please? (Between the two outer lower terminals I think)

Reactions: David_Cambridge
If I remember correctly, it's 10k. Though I'm pretty sure the driver only uses relation between voltages, so 5k or 20k should work as well. Just make sure it's linear pot.

I may be looking for one myself. I haven’t looked yet but will let you know if I find. Good luck

There are links in the posts in that you tube in replies to Roby Wibow's 2 year old post
and it maybe that

(click on the Mouser Electronics Inc. link)

will be a source

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic