Phantom 3 in car charger UK based

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm a newbie, I had a p2 vision +, sold it and now have a p3 advanced.

I have just been told I have to do some aerial footage for a friend of a friend and it may last over the 20 minute battery time.

I only have 1 battery

Where can I got a in car charger or mobile charger in a hurry?

I'm based in the UK.

You could try an inverter but get a beefy one. I have a 700w one that works but only when connected with alligator clips directly to the battery. Any less and trying to connect through the cars cigarette lighter fails for me.

I have been using a 300w inverter in the cig socket to charge a P3 using the dji 100w charger
also used it for the vision+ since last year, never encountered any problems.

300W inverter would pull around 25A from an accessory outlet. That's possibly the most, if not over the max for many modern vehicles. 700W - now you're looking at close to 60A and no vehicle I'm aware of can supply that through a cigarette/accessory outlet.

Using an inverter is the long way home for a BMS equipped P2/3 battery pack charging from 12VDC but if you're not qualified and/or comfortable rigging a direct connection to charge the pack, a DC-AC inverter is probably the next best way to go.

Yes but an inverter means you aren't buying a different 12V charger for everything.
It's a useful thing to have in any case.
I use mine to run a broadband modem from a battery during power cuts, and keeps a laptop charged too.

I don't think you can charge the P3 battery direct from 12V even with engine running because the P3 voltage is higher.
It might have worked with the P2 batteries.

Also the 700w inverter isn't drawing 60amps used with a 100w charger,
The current drawn depends on the load you plug in.
A 300w inverter will be more than adequate though.

Hi

If the P3 charger is 100 watts would s 100 watt inverter be ok or should you always go higher?

I see the advantage of having it able to use with other items but if your only talking P3P chargers would it be ok?

Hi

If the P3 charger is 100 watts would s 100 watt inverter be ok or should you always go higher?

I see the advantage of having it able to use with other items but if your only talking P3P chargers would it be ok?

I got a Bestek 300 watt inverter I will be using with my p3. You always want to go higher than needed to give yourself a little wiggle room, you don't want to use. 100 watt inverter to be used with a 100 watt charger. If anyone is worried about amp draw or fuses breaking you could always pick up the 57 watt p3 charger for use with your inverter. If you own a p3 advanced that's what you already have.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20