Phantom 3 Gimbal issue

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Had my P3 a week now and not being a experienced user didn't notice any issues but it appears I have an issue with my gimbal, it vibrates and the camera hangs down, I have tried doing a calibration and most of the times it fails but when it does work it doesn't really fix the issue. I put a video on Youtube here, can someone please give me any advice please? Thank you very much

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stuart

That gimbal looks totally broken to me. You can try an IMU calibration followed by another gimbal calibration but I think it might need sending back to DJI, sorry.

You might try to gently level the camera with your fingers from this position, may the gimbal has shifted on the shaft. Mine was slightly turned to the left before at one time when I powered it on, ( not like yours) and that corrected that axis issue.

Might work and might not-- worth a try before you have to send it in. Just don't try to force it.

Mine is doing a similar thing, although I had a little crash with a tree and bent the gimbal arm that holds the camera. Is there a way to disassemble the gimbal to replace/repair the gimbal arm? I was thinking I might be able to bend it back or take it to a machine shop. Any advice? I'd hate to spend another $500+ on a whole camera/gimbal when it still works, but is just slightly bent.
P.s. If I recalibrate the gimbal in the phantom app, it straightens the camera, but focuses to the right. This has to be done every flight

Hello again and thanks for the replies, I just took another video and I did a re-calibration and then centered the camera but its not really made any difference as you can see. I had a couple of small crashes but nothing serious that I can see any damage around the camera area. What could be wrong is it a DJI issue they would fix? I can still adjust the cama up and down ok and have used it for flight and it records perfectly, no shaking or anything like that.

PS: Sorry for the distracting kids , he is four and just discovered Mario :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Still can't get the camera to straighten up and spent quite a bit of time today playing. So whats the next step, will I have to sent the whole thing back to DJI or just the camera? Its only a week only will they fix this or do they like to point fingers? Do they fix these sort of things fast or am I expecting a long wait? Hate to loose it after waiting so long for it :(

I have a similar issue and contacted DJI, although I had one small crash that did bend the gimbal arm a bit. If there's any damage, they'll charge you because it's no longer a warranty issue, it's now physical damage. They said they'd charge $65/hr and you can request they call you before starting any repairs. The email they sent me stated there's a 6 week ETA from the time they receive your unit, not to mention shipping times. So you're looking at about 2 months. I also contacted a local authorized dealer that charges $70 to check it out, but they can't get any parts right now, so if something needed replaced I'd be SOL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic