Phantom 3 Flight Capability Quiz

I have not performed a firmware update to 1.5, nor will I. Not sure if Litchi 2.6.5 is the latest or not.
At some point, the app may not match the firmware, and you may wind up with a brick-- I did want to upgrade to Windows 3.0 way back in the early 90's-- but Bill Gates found a way to drag all of us along-- kicking and screaming.:) And now it is Windows 10:D:D:D -- so to make a statement "nor will I" may be a bit premature. :p:p:p

At some point, the app may not match the firmware, and you may wind up with a brick-- -- so to make a statement "nor will I" may be a bit premature. :p:p:p

I usually fly with my Android phone, because it is convenient. Unfortunately, it is always connected to either WiFi or the phone network. So it gets DJi and Litchi updates regularly.
But I have a WiFi only Android tablet in the Phantom backpack that is always in 'Airplane Mode' and WiFi is off. It has a version of DJi Go and Litchi that matches my firmware.

I'll fly with both, but when DJi drags you guys kicking and screaming into the 500M or less window, I'll pull out the tablet and continue to fly BLOS. The only disadvantage to using the offline tablet is not having the satellite map.

For those of us who believe DJi will eventually rein in the distance we can fly, get a spare device, load it with what works now and keep it off the network.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks for clarifying your simulation configuration. I thought the DJI Simulator was only on iOS, or is there now one on Android, too? Updating to 1.5 will severely impact the Litchi flyers, as Litchi has warned.

No, the simulator I use is this one. It runs on my PC. You connect the Phantom 3 to the PC using the USB port on the front of the P3.
Power up the P3 and start the simulator (no props for safety). The P3 appears on the monitor. Connect your android or iOS device to the RC, it should connect with the P3 as normal.
Perform a CSC to start the motors (they won't really start) but the simulator program will display the motors running. Take off and watch your P3 fly around the monitor. This what I used to perform the tests above.

Be sure you change the GPS coordinates in the simulator to where your P3 is located (your house).

http://50.185.157.185:8083/www/DJI_PC_Simulator_Installer_And_User_Manual_V1.0_cn.zip

I usually fly with my Android phone, because it is convenient. Unfortunately, it is always connected to either WiFi or the phone network. So it gets DJi and Litchi updates regularly.
But I have a WiFi only Android tablet in the Phantom backpack that is always in 'Airplane Mode' and WiFi is off. It has a version of DJi Go and Litchi that matches my firmware.

I'll fly with both, but when DJi drags you guys kicking and screaming into the 500M or less window, I'll pull out the tablet and continue to fly BLOS. The only disadvantage to using the offline tablet is not having the satellite map.

For those of us who believe DJi will eventually rein in the distance we can fly, get a spare device, load it with what works now and keep it off the network.
At some point-- the Lichti software will be changed and no longer work with the FW-- so flying will have to be on the old firmware and the old app and you wont be able to take advantage of the technological advancements by Lichti. They are not locked into their present app, they will upgrade and improve it, but not without the blessings of DJI.

No, the simulator I use is this one. It runs on my PC. You connect the Phantom 3 to the PC using the USB port on the front of the P3.
Power up the P3 and start the simulator (no props for safety). The P3 appears on the monitor. Connect your android or iOS device to the RC, it should connect with the P3 as normal.
Perform a CSC to start the motors (they won't really start) but the simulator program will display the motors running. Take off and watch your P3 fly around the monitor. This what I used to perform the tests above.

Be sure you change the GPS coordinates in the simulator to where your P3 is located (your house).

http://50.185.157.185:8083/www/DJI_PC_Simulator_Installer_And_User_Manual_V1.0_cn.zip
Excellent. Thank you! It sounds awesome! I'll have to try it! Unlike normal use of 3rd party flying apps, it at least can't crash the real bird while you experiment, and the DJI GO iOS simulator has very limited functionality with no map, and certainly doesn't support using 3rd party flying apps! Who makes this one, and how did you come across it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl