Phantom 3 - FIRST DAY, Penetration, Donkeys, Solar Observatory...

Reaction score
Hello All,

Picked up a phantom 3 pro and was able to run around today and shoot a couple locations. Also I wanted to see if FPV was possible so I did some tree penetration test, checking to see how far I could get in a wooded area before I lost signal.

Hope you enjoy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can post the full tree video tomorrow but it was about 1/8 of a mile before I ran out of trees.

Hi Dataway,

Yep this Is video was shot in big bear. Currently I've been watching the fire burn and avoiding the temporary flight restriction areas.

I was going to fly up to the high school but my copilot (pilot app) said "no sir, airspace restricted"

Got Aerial where did you shoot this .. Looks like Big Bear Lake, CA?

Hi Blad,

I filmed these shots in attitude mode, gps has crazy brakes even when turned down to 50%. Maybe I'll go more.

Is there a way to do these shots automatically, like the solo orbit, cable cam, etc...?

Very nice! Did you manually perform the POI moves?

I live in Big Bear lake and noticed the scenery :) I have grounded my UAV flying while the fire is going on as the Helis have been flying low filling with water.

Gorgeous photography. Fantastically done. Aside from watermarks, did you have to do a lot of edits in post, or did it mostly come out of the camera like that? This is the effect I've been wanting to get from Phantoms, and it's so far eluded me (mostly because I have no skill in that sort of thing).

Also, audio credits..? Because that piano was nice.

They have been flying super low over my house, that's why I went to the far side of the lake no where near whats going on and away from the TFR's. Plus I have my pilot license, faa exemption, blanket coa, etc, which helps in knowing what's going on.

Let's go fly! around 5pm I'm probably going to head about 20min down hy18 where there is a nice clearing on the right.

I live in Big Bear lake and noticed the scenery :) I have grounded my UAV flying while the fire is going on as the Helis have been flying low filling with water.

I just sent you a conversation request on this forum, top right corner you should see a little envelope that is the link to your conversations...would definitely like to get together and fly....

They have been flying super low over my house, that's why I went to the far side of the lake no where near whats going on and away from the TFR's. Plus I have my pilot license, faa exemption, blanket coa, etc, which helps in knowing what's going on.

Let's go fly! around 5pm I'm probably going to head about 20min down hy18 where there is a nice clearing on the right.

Hi Blad,

I filmed these shots in attitude mode, gps has crazy brakes even when turned down to 50%. Maybe I'll go more.

Is there a way to do these shots automatically, like the solo orbit, cable cam, etc...?
I'm a newbie to the drone world.... I don't know if the solo orbit (I think its called POI) is available yet. Been reading that it should be out sometime in the future. Thanks for uploading a well done piece. Look forward to more!

Got Aerial
pilot license, faa exemption
Are you talking about a 333 exemption? And if so how hard is to get ?
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers