Phantom 3 Critically low Voltage battery failure brings aircraft down

If she ain’t in properly your gonna have normal voltage followed by no voltage.

As to getting your P3 to do a bit of yoga between batteries that downward dog cooling pose is probably a complete waste of time and effort. I have often flown 4-6 packs back to back with no problems.

As to getting your P3 to do a bit of yoga between batteries that downward dog cooling pose is probably a complete waste of time and effort. I have often flown 4-6 packs back to back with no problems.

So then disrgard the advice if you're not having cooling/elec problems. Other people are, so thats who its for. I noticed you didn't seem to think the OAT (outside air temperature) is a factor. Just because somebody gets away with something today, doesn't mean they'll get away with it tomorrow. A number of unseen variables make the difference.

So then disrgard the advice if you're not having cooling/elec problems. Other people are, so thats who its for. I noticed you didn't seem to think the OAT (outside air temperature) is a factor. Just because somebody gets away with something today, doesn't mean they'll get away with it tomorrow. A number of unseen variables make the difference.
I was simply adding my opinion that the suggested battery compartment cooling ritual probably provides no benefit. When you disassemble a P3 it becomes apparent there is nothing close to the battery that might contribute to heat soak or that may cool faster with the phantom in a particular orientation.

I never suggested OAT isnt a factor, of course it can be and often is.

Did you ever retrieve the log file for your flight to get a better idea what may have happened to the battery?

I had this happen to me in the middle of a dronebase mission. Thankfully no crash. I just landed,switched to another battery and kept going. I guess that battery is defective, but not sure.#shrug

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik