Phantom 3 color

Reaction score
Why is the Phantom 3, and many other DJI drones also, white? I mean: in the air, it's really hard to find (certainly when there are clouds). Wouldn't it be more easily seen in black or red?
And if so, is it possible/worth it to modify the colors?

From a production point of view a single color is the most efficient.
White is good for managing internal temps. in sunny conditions; why it was chosen, not sure.

You can paint, dye, or wrap your P3 in any way you can imagine so feel free to mod as you like.

Avoid metallic foils as this may cause GPS issues.

Bear in mind, having black during the hot summer days, it will attract heat and increase the operating temperature of the aircraft and battery. While it would be nice to color certain components like props or the stand, I wouldn't want to paint the entire aircraft black. Search for a few threads on this and you'll see people will paint props, aircraft, etc.

In a sky with no clouds the white has better contrast with the blue sky. The white also shows up much better against the tree line or terrestrial backround. Unless it's snow...

Thought the same thing. Saw some posts on dyeing the props which interested me and thought I might be better able to keep an eye on.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435605300.496721.jpg

Now I just need some weather and time to check it out. Happy with the way they came out though. Like the colors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.