Phantom 3 Case

Interesting - I had looked at that case also but was concerned about the Pick n Pluck foam. Looks like it's a good option either way.

The pegs say optional. Did this come with them? If not, where did you get them?

Thats one nice looking microraptor case, i have been choosing between microraptor and GPC before but ended up buying a GPC instead.. lol.. well very satisfied with mines so far..

Attachments

• 20150520_174513.jpg
    20150520_174513.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 274
  • 20150520_173544.jpg
    20150520_173544.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 347
  • 20150520_173329.jpg
    20150520_173329.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 323
  • 20150520_173250.jpg
    20150520_173250.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 280
Well, I got my Seahorse in and for $130 it is a very good case. It is pick-n-pluck foam but the blocks are small so you can get a better fit. Only made one mistake and a little spray adhesive fixed that. It has a sturdy locking pull handle, as well as solid wheels, and it water tight. Supposed to be the largest size that is allowed in overhead luggage storage, we will see as we are going to Hawaii soon. I found room for the following:
The P3 - Blades - 4 Batteries (one in the bird) - iPad Mini w/sunshield - charger w/cord - USB cable - neck strap - plus still room for more. I still have room on the left between the batteries and the P3, and below the controller.
case1.JPG

case2.JPG

case3.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: mbuhler
Well, I got my Seahorse in and for $130 it is a very good case. It is pick-n-pluck foam but the blocks are small so you can get a better fit. Only made one mistake and a little spray adhesive fixed that. It has a sturdy locking pull handle, as well as solid wheels, and it water tight. Supposed to be the largest size that is allowed in overhead luggage storage, we will see as we are going to Hawaii soon. I found room for the following:
The P3 - Blades - 4 Batteries (one in the bird) - iPad Mini w/sunshield - prop guards - charger w/cord - USB cable - neck strap - plus still room for more. You could leave the prop guards and include a set of FPV goggles. I still have room on the left between the batteries and the P3, also on the right side.
case1.JPG

case2.JPG

case3.JPG

Where are you putting the controller?

Where are you putting the controller?
Whoops, that lightbulb just went off, DUH! guess its going on the right, will have to rethink the prop guards. Good thing the blocks can just be glued back in if needed. Thought it looked a little bare, the controller is not in this room so outta sight and all.

OK, Controller set but I don't think I will have room for the prop guards, normaly don't fly with them in any case, only indoors or around people.

Last edited:
Received my Seahorse today and proceeded to "pick 'n' Pluck". Left myself plenty of room for additional batteries and other items I may acquire.

Attachments

• IMG_3220.JPG
    IMG_3220.JPG
    975 KB · Views: 302
Reactions: Kenfly

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member