Phantom 3 battery

Reaction score
Here is the thing that happened to me looking for somebody to throw some light on it. I bought a battery about 2 weeks ago and the battery show on the app. that haven't been charged ever , so I presumed is new. I had used the battery for about 4 flights with not problem, now yesterday I was using that battery and flying at a distance 6000ft and 125ft hight when I get a message about battery error , I decided to bring the bird home immediately and I barely made it. Note that before the warning the battery was 70%. When the bird landed it was showing 60% still with the battery error on the screen. Today I charged the batería again and show fully charged , put it back on the phantom and show 0% charged and all the cell show 0%. Any help with this?

Get rid of it back to Seller ....................

Don't delay !

Regardless of whether it may be something else.

But one thing ... switch on battery and check with Multimeter the voltage of the two main contacts ...

Nigel

Reactions: Simzy666
I would contact the seller straight away and would not fly with it again. It could just be a defective battery - it happens, even on oem dji sometimes.

Like Nigel said, you could do some tests if you have a multimeter and measure the voltage across the terminals and see what you get. You might just be running on 3 cells

I got it on eBay . And was supposed to be original one

Contact Seller ....

If no joy - then hit the Resolution Centre of Ebay and Paypal ...........

Nigel

Reactions: Numone
Something similar happened to me but from Amazon. I bought it thinking I was getting an original DJI battery... I got a fake one. I contacted the seller and quickly I returned it. I got my money back, bought it again, but this time it was Amazon itself the seller. I got the real deal and works well.

Amazon is no g'tee of genuine article at all .....

Amazon will sell anything they can get hands on ... B6 chargers are good example ...

Nigel

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Amazon is no g'tee of genuine article at all .....

Amazon will sell anything they can get hands on ... B6 chargers are good example ...

Nigel
True but you have to make sure that the handle business is Amazon itself... I have better deals when Amazon do it instead of an unknown seller.

I wouldn't buy a battery from anywhere other than DJI itself just because the battery is the only thing keeping the bird in the sky. If something is wrong with it then the bird isn't going to be in the sky anymore. You know?

I wouldn't buy a battery from anywhere other than DJI itself just because the battery is the only thing keeping the bird in the sky. If something is wrong with it then the bird isn't going to be in the sky anymore. You know?
Well, you will pay DJI premium... Just same when you buy from Apple directly... Paying double the price. In Amazon you save a lot of money and it's the same original DJI battery.

Well, you will pay DJI premium... Just same when you buy from Apple directly... Paying double the price. In Amazon you save a lot of money and it's the same original DJI battery.
I guess I value peace of mind over money

This is the age-old argument of buy via Brand name or another ...

Its same as buying for example a part for your car in the dealers or buying same article via 3rd party ... exact same article, same production line, but guess who's price reflects better.
If anyone wants to argue the safety aspect of the DJI Phantom .... I suggest that the car has greater potential for disaster than your P3 ....

For your BMW ... Volvo ... Ford ... Chevy ... do you always buy THEIR brake pads ? Or do you buy such as FERODO or similar from another source ? Do you think BMW etc. produce the brake pads ? Do you think DJI produce the battery packs ?

Nigel

This is the age-old argument of buy via Brand name or another ...

Its same as buying for example a part for your car in the dealers or buying same article via 3rd party ... exact same article, same production line, but guess who's price reflects better.
If anyone wants to argue the safety aspect of the DJI Phantom .... I suggest that the car has greater potential for disaster than your P3 ....

For your BMW ... Volvo ... Ford ... Chevy ... do you always buy THEIR brake pads ? Or do you buy such as FERODO or similar from another source ? Do you think BMW etc. produce the brake pads ? Do you think DJI produce the battery packs ?

Nigel
True............... someone else may be producing the dji batteries................... the problem is find out whom it is so you don't get landed with some dodgy fake one.

True............... someone else may be producing the dji batteries................... the problem is find out whom it is so you don't get landed with some dodgy fake one.
Very easy to recognize the fake one... Does not come in a DJI box and does not have the info layout as the battery that came with the phantom. Even the fake one battery's color is different... It is really very easy to detect it.

Last edited:
Lumsing as I was told on another forum are the Contract producers of DJI batterys, I never argued despite that fact that my original DJI battery states clearly :

Dongguan Amperex Technology Limited

As to detecting fake batterys ... not always so easy ... I have one genuine and two 3rd party. Plastic case is identical on all ... colour, LED light holes, even the cell wrapping inside seen in the gaps ... but writing is not same. That is ONLY indicator of fake ...

How do they perform ? No different than the DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94