phantom 3 battery problem

Reaction score
Hi to all. I am new to the forum, and been donated a phantom 3, but having a problem with the battery. I suspect the unit has not been used for a long time, but when I turn on the battery, the first LED flashed 7 times, and then goes off. I have tried to leave it on charge for 24 hours, and during the charge the red and the first led just flash once every 15 seconds or so.
I have purchased another battery and this one charges fine, so I do not think the charger is at fault.

Any clues to the flashing led would be appreciated, as I cannot find that code anywhere, or maybe just looking in the wrong place.

Kind regards in advance
Adrian

WELCOME ABOARD!

Reactions: dirkclod
Press the battery button for 5 sec. The led's show you the lifetime of your battery. 5 led's 100% (new), no led <20% (dispose)

Reactions: dirkclod
Many thanks on that, but had tried that 4 Green LED and the red, so I presume good batteries

Yes been through those options, and still no joy. If I could find what the flashing LED code meant, that would give me a clue as to where to go.

I has a similar problem with my batteries that were not used for a long while. Result was they did not charge and were sent to recycle. Bought two new ones from a dealer of DJI but after the first charge they did not work at all. Sent back by the dealer to Holland for guaranteed replacements. Fortunately after charging they have held a charge.

I prefer to charge the battery slowly, I have two chargers slow and fast, forget fast you heat the battery un necessary.

Some time ago I came across this:

Battery Hibernation mode:

It is important NOT to alter the sequence:

1. Switch on battery - ignore what happens to lights etc.
2. LEAVE IT ALONE for at least 5 minutes.
3. Do NOT touch power button - plug into DJI charger
4. LEAVE IT ALONE.. it may be hours before it wakes up ... DON'T TOUCH IT !

You need a DJI charger for this - it's the only time a specific charger is required in fact ... you cannot use any 3rd party charger.

The secret is to NOT touch the power button after point 1), if you do, you need to put the battery away for a while, then start again.

Reactions: BillyN

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31