Phantom 3 Batteries Delayed?

Reaction score
Just got this email from drone world.
looks like we won't get new batteries until June....Please tell me this is not true!!!!!!

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting us.

This is for all orders. The manufacturer informed us that battery stock will be sent to North America in June. Those that pre-ordered will be the first we ship and all other orders will fall in place behind them.

My now shipped P3A with the extra battery from DJI is now looking like a better decision than while I was still waiting.
Extra battery orders are not shipped with the battery.
you will get the phantom 3 and later you will get battery.

End of May, beginning of June.. does it really matter? Here is the defecto time frame... they will ship on the day they ship. What appears _likely_ is that they will ship sometime in the next month.

Extra battery orders are not shipped with the battery.
you will get the phantom 3 and later you will get battery.
Well, that totally sucks! the reason I ordered from DJI and waited was to insure I had at least 2 batteries to fly, for me flying with one is a total PIA, to much time spent loading up and driving to a good spot to just fly for 18 minutes and then go home.

We have a message into HQ regarding the above message. We have not heard of the company referenced by OP, more than likely they obtain product through a distributor which would be the cause of the delay. We will post back with what we hear directly from HQ late this evening.

Thanks,
Travis

More hysteria or attempt to create hysteria... Remember how the iOS app was suppose to be delayed 4-6 weeks... We will have the additional batteries soon. We can keep flying and learning in the meantime.

Reactions: Advexure
More hysteria or attempt to create hysteria... Remember how the iOS app was suppose to be delayed 4-6 weeks... We will have the additional batteries soon. We can keep flying and learning in the meantime.

Well said ;)

Reactions: MSFlyer and Gearie
Remember, this is not DJI's fault. This is all about the rules for shipping lithium batteries on airplanes. Lithium batteries have brought planes down. The battery didn't ship with the quad because with the original battery in the quad box, plus the extra battery puts it over some limit of the total amount of lithium (go read the rules). Now, it's even harder to find an airline that wants to ship all of our extra batteries on 1 flight. Think about how many that would be. Any one of them could do something bad and then it's a chain reaction.

Let's see. Most of you knew **** well that second batteries were to be a delayed shipment. Now you want to flood the forum with whining posts about what everyone already knows,

Words out of DJI HQ this evening (early Thursday morning in China) in regards to rumored battery delay:

"Not a word so far on that. If that was true we would provide official announcement."

Please keep in mind there are many 2nd tier dealers who do not obtain product directly from DJI and more than likely their distributor will not provide them allocation until a later date. That is exactly the case for our dealers so I would expect that is the reasoning for the rumored delay.

If anything does emerge out of HQ in regards to a battery delay we will update this thread. For now, batteries are still on track for mid to late May arrival.

Thanks,
Travis

Reactions: MSFlyer
Remember, this is not DJI's fault. This is all about the rules for shipping lithium batteries on airplanes. Lithium batteries have brought planes down. The battery didn't ship with the quad because with the original battery in the quad box, plus the extra battery puts it over some limit of the total amount of lithium (go read the rules). Now, it's even harder to find an airline that wants to ship all of our extra batteries on 1 flight. Think about how many that would be. Any one of them could do something bad and then it's a chain reaction.
Batteries have brought planes down? Really? They are selling Phantom 2 batteries without one plane crashing.

So they only shipped 1 Phantom in a plane at a time? Perhaps they shipped hundreds? If they shipped hundreds of Phantoms... with hundreds of batteries then why could they not ship.... hundreds of batteries. There is a flaw in your statement. I suspect that there are approved containers for shipping batteries.

I received the same email from droneworld.... I mean... It's not like they can help it, and they DID upgrade the shipping and include a neck strap or something.

You can say that's nothing, but when it's no fault of them, and they still give some extras to prove they are in the business of customer service.... Kind of means I'll stick with them

I'd be happy if DJI could just get around to shipping the
p3 I ordered a month ago.

So, I ran an online firearms dealership for a while.... We'd be offered pre-order status from random manufacturers (S&W, Glock, Colt, etc...) ... So, As any merchant would, we would offer our pre-order price to customers... "limited quantity... XX price", etc...on our website.

Then, when the manufacturer would have shipping/customs/manufacturing problems, we would have to be the ones to apologize.... WE were the ones giving a timeline to our customers and WE were offered no compensation by the manufacturers.... Sucks, right? I mean, we get an email asking how many pre-orders we want for the "Next greatest thing", we place it, then **** happens.... We sucked up the fallout.

I have no actual knowledge of DJI / Droneworld interactions, but I'm assuming this might be the case, since I've seen the other side.

Just saying... according to their emails, they have offered a humble, service-centered email and then offered additional benefits at their own cost to compensate for something they could not prevent or account for.

BTW I am not associated with them in any way, just placed an order... just saying...

Deadlift said -- "Just saying... according to their emails, they have offered a humble, service-centered email and then offered additional benefits at their own cost to compensate for something they could not prevent or account for."

I totally agree with Deadlift. I ordered and received my P3P from Drone-World with good first person contact during the process and appreciate the communication that I received from them today. When I ordered from Stephen it was always clear that 2nd battery would follow separately when available and the best guess then was that they were hoping to be able to ship on the 15th. I'm fine with this and am just happy they are pro-active with updating the customers and the pledge to expedite when they get them in. Kudos here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic