Phantom 3 Advanced Lightbridge not the same as Pro

Pro downlink is much better than Advanced as proved in other threads. And by people like icu2, and me, who have experience with both. People quote all kinds of sources claiming they're the same but they're simply not, as anyone who has actually experienced both will attest.

Pro downlink is much better than Advanced as proved in other threads. And by people like icu2, and me, who have experience with both. People quote all kinds of sources claiming they're the same but they're simply not, as anyone who has actually experienced both will attest.
You are correct in that Pro downlink for FPV video is better than Advanced. Pro can downlink up to 10Mbps while Advanced is fixed at only 2Mbps.
However both Pro and Advanced have the same maximum video recording bitrate of 60Mbps.

Yeah, you're right - they do record the same and the Advanced still takes great video. Only difference is the max res being 2.7k vs 4k, which honestly makes almost no practical difference now.

Just a reminder that some popular 4k tvs (my Samsung) wont play 2.7k without converting them on a computer. However they will play 4k straight from the sd card. Big advantage to the p3p in this case.

I'm having at this time 2 birds, a P3P (W323) and a P3A (W322), using alternatively the same RC (GL300B).
The DJI Go has the same menu in terms of the video transmission bitrate for both birds, see the attached pics, but the slider seems not to have any effect with the P3A. The video feed for P3A has some macroblocks, they can be seen on the iPad display as well routed to HDMI, viewed on my TV. By sure these will be seen with googles too. By contrary, the P3P video feed is fully clear, suitable for goggles. But the result is following a room testing, when the AC & RC were at say 2 m distance. I cannot say yet how's in field, if the video feed from the P3P keeps its quality, or degrades with the distance.

Regarding the live stream on youtube (haven't tryed yet facebook), both birds seem to offer the same bitrate, the feed being equaly good for P3A too, on both locally the iPad and the remote youtube.

Strange is that when streaming, and trying to change the bitrate, nearby the slider it appears the whole suite of video transmission bitrate values (4, 6, 8, 10 Mbps) known for P3P, but when you raise up your finger, the slider jumps back to its left limit, keeping the bitrate at 4 Mbps.
(while not streaming, the slider is not accepting mid-position say 5 Mbps, it jumps to either 4 or 6).

Conclusion seems to be, the video feed for P3A isn't so bad as shown by other members (at least for my equipment), but obviously the P3P has a higher video transmission bitrate, thus a better feed quality.
In terms of youtube live streaming, both birds seem to give the same good quality.

video transm slider right.JPG video transm slider left.JPG

I'm having at this time 2 birds, a P3P (W323) and a P3A (W322), using alternatively the same RC (GL300B).
The DJI Go has the same menu in terms of the video transmission bitrate for both birds, see the attached pics, but the slider seems not to have any effect with the P3A. The video feed for P3A has some macroblocks, they can be seen on the iPad display as well routed to HDMI, viewed on my TV. By sure these will be seen with googles too. By contrary, the P3P video feed is fully clear, suitable for goggles. But the result is following a room testing, when the AC & RC were at say 2 m distance. I cannot say yet how's in field, if the video feed from the P3P keeps its quality, or degrades with the distance.

Regarding the live stream on youtube (haven't tryed yet facebook), both birds seem to offer the same bitrate, the feed being equaly good for P3A too, on both locally the iPad and the remote youtube.

Strange is that when streaming, and trying to change the bitrate, nearby the slider it appears the whole suite of video transmission bitrate values (4, 6, 8, 10 Mbps) known for P3P, but when you raise up your finger, the slider jumps back to its left limit, keeping the bitrate at 4 Mbps.
(while not streaming, the slider is not accepting mid-position say 5 Mbps, it jumps to either 4 or 6).

Conclusion seems to be, the video feed for P3A isn't so bad as shown by other members (at least for my equipment), but obviously the P3P has a higher video transmission bitrate, thus a better feed quality.
In terms of youtube live streaming, both birds seem to give the same good quality.

View attachment 76321 View attachment 76322
Correct, the P3A is locked at 2 Mbps output for live video. The slider does nothing.

in the future when 5G cellular is reality, DJI can then increase the maximum stream bit rate for better quality. Currently, the fixed low bit rate for live streaming is a clarity compromise to help with the reliability of a live feed in weaker cell areas.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT