Phantom 3 advanced crashed in water and camera does not work

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I was having an awesome time with my new and most favorite toy P3ADV. It crashed and was completely submerged in fresh spring water for maybe 2 seconds. After removing the battery immediately, I allowed it to dry in a fan ventilated area for 5 days and then had a look to see if it was OK.

On my balcony the first time, no issues except for a fog mark on the lens, it flew, recorded, did everything it was supposed to do.

The second time out in Kakadu National Park it flew, the camera transmitted an image but would not record and then once the unit was shut down there has been no image transmission from the camera. Gimbal still works fine. Unit flies fine and I can't see any other issues apart from the image transmission. All other metrics from the unit are received by the remote control.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you all for your time.

There is probably water residue left inside the camera or gimbal.

Thanks for your response Macoman, is this something I am able to fix myself or am I looking at a new camera here?

I am not an expert in repairing, however there are businesses that can fix it... dronenerds.com is a DJI authorized dealer and repair center. They have excellent customer services. Don't know if you are willing to pay for repairs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT