Phantom 3 advanced camera disconnect

Reaction score
Hi,
i have a problem with my phantom 3 advanced.
I can not connect my mobile phone to the DJI GO app.
I tried to change usb cable, to update the firmware (last available).
Anything.
Can someone help me?

Hello,
thanks in the meantime for your answer.
The main problem is that RC does not communicate with the tablet or smartphone.
When I connect the USB cable between RC and TABLET and open the DJI GO application it does not allow me to enter and it gives me the writing "HOW TO CONNECT" instead of "VIEW CAMERA".
I tried to change usb cable, I tried to reset the RC without success. I tried to disconnect the RC battery cable. I tried to update the firmware of the RC but it does not seem to have worked (I connect the USB drive with the firmware in the RC but does not do anything).
When I try to connect RC to the computer with the USB cable the computer gives me "NEW HARDWARE DETECTION" sign that the USB port of the RC works.
The RC model is GL300A.
Thank you

See the image attached

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 394
When I connect the USB cable between RC and TABLET and open the DJI GO application it does not allow me to enter and it gives me the writing "HOW TO CONNECT" instead of "VIEW CAMERA".

Is the mobile device charging?
Are you able to read kernel logs on the mobile device to make sure no hardware is detected by the kernel?

I tried to change usb cable, I tried to reset the RC without success. I tried to disconnect the RC battery cable. I tried to update the firmware of the RC but it does not seem to have worked (I connect the USB drive with the firmware in the RC but does not do anything).

Good description, it eliminates a few possibilities.

When I try to connect RC to the computer with the USB cable the computer gives me "NEW HARDWARE DETECTION" sign that the USB port of the RC works.

Did you used the same USB port on the RC to connect it to PC, as you used to connect mobile device?
(I'm not saying you should, just pointing that out)

The RC model is GL300A.

GL300a contains DaVinci media processor on the Interface Board. Firmware of this chip often gets de-programmed over time. This is likely the issue.
wiki on GL300 Interface board

Is the mobile device charging?
Are you able to read kernel logs on the mobile device to make sure no hardware is detected by the kernel?

Also tried an iPhone device but it does the same thing. Nono are able to read the kernel logs, I do not know how to do it

Did you used the same USB port on the RC to connect it to PC, as you used to connect mobile device?
(I'm not saying you should, just pointing that out)

yes

GL300a contains DaVinci media processor on the Interface Board. Firmware of this chip often gets de-programmed over time. This is likely the issue.
wiki on GL300 Interface board

do you think I need to do the firmware dowgrade?
I tried to update this firmware "P3S_FW_V01.11.0020".
I also attached the photo of the usb interface card. Do I have to update another firmware?

Excuse me I was wrong to answer you.
When I connect RC to the computer I use a microUSB and fullUSB cable, while to connect RC to the tablet I use the same cable but turned, fullUSB on the RC side and microUSB on the side of the tableto or smartphone.
I use the same cable but on 2 different ports of the RC

Might I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the dji go app on your device, make sure to install dji go 3 (not 4) for the P3. Once the app is installed close it. Reboot your device and then before connecting it to the RC, make sure the RC is on and your phone or tablet is on and lit up on the home screen, THEN connect it to the RC, if all is well it should automatically open dji go. If it connects, then at that point turn on the AC and see if all is normal. Thats the preferred order of starting it all up.

Last edited:
Hi,
thank's for your contribution.
I tried to unistalling and reinstalling the DJI GO APP for product before P4 (VER.3.1.43) both in the tablet NEXUS and on smartphone SAMSUNG.
Next the installation, i reboot and connect RC to device and the app doesn't start automatically.
Both in the tablet and the smartphone. The cable USB is funcionally.
I think at this point that there are a problem with the usb port on the RC.
How can i test it?
I try to measure if a +5v voltage comes out?
Thank's for help

Hi,
thank's for your contribution.
I tried to unistalling and reinstalling the DJI GO APP for product before P4 (VER.3.1.43) both in the tablet NEXUS and on smartphone SAMSUNG.
Next the installation, i reboot and connect RC to device and the app doesn't start automatically.
Both in the tablet and the smartphone. The cable USB is funcionally.
I think at this point that there are a problem with the usb port on the RC.
How can i test it?
I try to measure if a +5v voltage comes out?
Thank's for help
With the RC on and your device plugged into it, it should be trying to charge your device. My samsung S8 charges while connected to the RC. That will at least tell you if you are getting 5v at the port but it doesn't guarantee the data lines are functioning

In fact, I noticed that with the USB connector attached the mobile phone or the tablet is recharged

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl