Phantom 3 4K WiFi password reset

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 4K and can not attach to the controller WiFi. I haven't flown it in 6 months and don't remember changing the password from the default 12341234 though i guess I may have. DJI's WiFi rest procedure from page 27 of the manual says to press C1 and C2 (both on the back on the controller), and while pressing those depress the camera settings knob on the upper right. That should create a beep and i should then move the flight mode switch. I've followed the directions many times to no avail. I've gone back and forth with DJI Tech Support and they've been no help. My question is there another way to reset the WiFi password? Oh I forgot, I also removed the back cover of the controller and detached the battery for a few minutes hoping that would work. It did not. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Attachments

• Phantom_3_4K_User_Manual_en_V1.2_160523.pdf
    636 KB · Views: 595
I have a Phantom 3 4K and can not attach to the controller WiFi. I haven't flown it in 6 months and don't remember changing the password from the default 12341234 though i guess I may have. DJI's WiFi rest procedure from page 27 of the manual says to press C1 and C2 (both on the back on the controller), and while pressing those depress the camera settings knob on the upper right. That should create a beep and i should then move the flight mode switch. I've followed the directions many times to no avail. I've gone back and forth with DJI Tech Support and they've been no help. My question is there another way to reset the WiFi password? Oh I forgot, I also removed the back cover of the controller and detached the battery for a few minutes hoping that would work. It did not. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

it says toggle the switch, perhaps move it back and forth a couple of times, do the lights change as per the manual ?

it says toggle the switch, perhaps move it back and forth a couple of times, do the lights change as per the manual ?

Thanks for the reply, no extra beeps, light stays red. When you press the camera setting wheel at any time it beeps. When I hols C1 and C2 and press it makes the same sound, just a quick beep.

Hey crash, thanks again for the reply. I think I figures it out. I took apart the controller, which I had to do a year ago because one of the connectors came loose and the controller wouldn’t respond, and realized that the ribbon cable between the front of the controller and the back came out of the connector. Essentially the C1 and C2 buttons are not connected. That’s why the reset procedure doesn’t work. I’m off to the store to get a very tiny hex set to open the back compartment up.

Hey crash, thanks again for the reply. I think I figures it out. I took apart the controller, which I had to do a year ago because one of the connectors came loose and the controller wouldn’t respond, and realized that the ribbon cable between the front of the controller and the back came out of the connector. Essentially the C1 and C2 buttons are not connected. That’s why the reset procedure doesn’t work. I’m off to the store to get a very tiny hex set to open the back compartment up.

Glad to hear that mate, keep us informed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair