Phantom 2 vision+ with zenmuse mount and gopro

hi,

First make sure the go pro is turned on before starting the phantom.
the android version of the app should work no problem. If you have a secondary device somewhere.
If not enable ground station and swipe to bring up the map and then return to the FPV view the image should appear its not always so easy though.
I actually use an old nexus 7 for the app the functions all work with this mod with out messing about.

Hi, No their are cables that can be changed in the phantonm so you can use the zenmuse mount and gopro. Every thing works except the i phone does not recieve a picture from the camera

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
try what i said above, open the ground station map and then swap back to fpv view the image should appear

Haven't done the gopro mod myself but was just checking that you didn't just try swap em over lol

part of the origional DJI app has a ground station section.

1, Go to settings in app and enable ground station.
2, Turn on Go Pro (doesn't need to be recording)
3, Turn on phantom
4, Make wifi connections
5, Open DJI app and go to where the camera view is swipe to the right/left (i forgot which) to open the map for ground station. Ignore the warnings.
6, Hit the back arrow to go back to the FPV view and it should appear, if not try another app there are a few on the app store (paid) that do work.

also try to forget the phantom wifi connection in your iPhone settings before you start you don't have to do this every time but it may help.

If you have some spare cash get a cheap android phone because all the functions work straight away, also there are better apps for controlling your phantom. Im an apple kind of guy but i use an android device for controlling my phantom.

part of the origional DJI app has a ground station section.

1, Go to settings in app and enable ground station.
2, Turn on Go Pro (doesn't need to be recording)
3, Turn on phantom
4, Make wifi connections
5, Open DJI app and go to where the camera view is swipe to the right/left (i forgot which) to open the map for ground station. Ignore the warnings.
6, Hit the back arrow to go back to the FPV view and it should appear, if not try another app there are a few on the app store (paid) that do work.

also try to forget the phantom wifi connection in your iPhone settings before you start you don't have to do this every time but it may help.

If you have some spare cash get a cheap android phone because all the functions work straight away, also there are better apps for controlling your phantom. Im an apple kind of guy but i use an android device for controlling my phantom.
Thanks I will try that

Hi give us an update did you get it working ?
Hi, Have been trying, no sequence seems to work. It was suggested to use an android phone instead of my i phone. Tried my sons samsung and it works fine. Makes it hard if you want to use your i pad.The people i bought the phantom from have no more ideas. Very helpful. A company called drone expert can supply a conversion plate that bolts to the phantom so you can use either the go pro or vision + camera, a snap together connection. At 350 euro i might wait awhile and get a cheap phone.

To be honest if you have problems with the app now i don't think any conversation plate will help. Have a look at some of the apps on the android store, there are some good ones that work better and have more functionality than the DJI version. I think for 350 euro you can get an amazing android tablet, I'm not sure where you are based but some of the budget ones are more like 150 euro and they will work, just the fpv is a little laggy because of the speed of the cpu gpu etc. As for phones there is a Moto G which is very good budget android phone with last generation technology but still pretty much current.

I personally use a first generation nexus 7 that i had in 2012 that works admirably i don't have to worry about losing it or breaking it or generally knocking it around. I can leave my iPad inside away from trouble

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20