Phantom 2 Vision + V3.0

Reaction score
I recently acquired a P2V+ 3.0. It came with the prop guards (the type that is more permanent and don't slide in and out). The unit looked pristine and the former owner claimed it had been sitting for 2-3 years. The prop guards were off, and I fired it up and noticed that one motor was barely turning. I immediately shut it down. I then noticed that some screws which hold the motors, looked way to long. That was the culprit. I changed out the screws with the right size, and all cranked up and what seemed normal. I took it for a test flight today, just to have it barely get off the ground at full throttle and eventually flipped to one side. I am now faced with the dilemma that the screws may of been pushed into the motor. He used the longer screws that had held the prop guards on without the prop guards. Since this is the 3.0 model, it has the 2312 motors and the 2.1 ESC's (I opened it up and saw the 2.1 white stickers). I think it best to replace the motors, but should I also replace the ESC's? Would they be damaged from the strain on the motors? I noticed also, that my good battery drained quickly when the drone was on. Any ideas here? Thanks in advance, Brian

So sad.
This was highlighted to me when I bought prop guards from the dealer multirotorheli.ca
I am very grateful for that tip.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl