Phantom 2 Vision Plus gimbal/camera not working

Reaction score
I just received my first Phantom 2 Vision Plus this weekend. Charged all the batteries and went out for the calibration and maiden flight. When I powered everything up, I noticed that the flight battery, SSD card and satellites indicators on the Droid APP were all greyed out. I then noticed that the camera LED on the Phantom was not lit nor had the gimbal come to life (it was just hanging there like when I took off the brace). I have contacted my dealer and reported a faulty device, but have not heard back yet. Am I missing something on the start up or is this device faulty?

Definitely a faulty unit. As soon as the Phantom battery is turned on, even without the transmitter or anything on, the gimbal/camera should do a self test and come to life (straighten up) and the green indicator on the gimbal should be lit. I'd definitely keep hounding the dealer, demand a replacement! It's brand new, it should work. They're supposedly fully tested before they're shipped.
When I received mine, straight out of the box I noticed the gimbal was bent, absolutely no response to numerous emails sent to DJI customer support. I've heard of a few gimbal/camera faults straight out of the box.
I also had some type of motor failure on the weekend, resulting in the gimbal/camera & both landing legs completely destroyed. Of course DJI don't want to know about it do they?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga