Phantom 2 Vision+ or Phantom 2

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
So Christmas is on its way. Wife is asking me “what do you want”. A new Phantom of course! I've had the original Phantom 1.1.1 for 1 year and a half or so. It’s hanging a Go Pro Hero 2, no gimbal, no FPV. I've never even used, let alone ever seen in person (no pun) an FPV system in use. So I was really interested in the Phantom 2 Vision+. But for myself this Christmas, I’ll be getting the GoPro 4, not sure which, black or silver. I use the Go Pros for mountain biking, dirt biking, diving and other activities that I’m getting too old to do but will never stop doing. So… Vision+, ready to fly with FPV and descent camera $1300.00. Phantom 2… ready for the new GoPro and infinitely upgradeable. But $2500.00 or more after (H3-3D) gimbal and Lightbridge? Can I attach and receive signals with my IPad Air to the Vision+? Will the Vision+ really go out ¾ mile with good FPV reception? Are people truly getting around 25 minutes of flight with the Vision+? Is anyone happier with the Phantom 2 due to the potential upgrades? I don’t solder by the way and also I am not comfortable with taking apart my new Phantom to add additional parts. I live in Arizona (Scottsdale) and we live in an area that is semi-rural with a really good line of site all around.
Can anyone with similar circumstances give me some good advice?
Thanks in advance.

Len

eyecon82 said:
Just get the p2v+ if you aren't comfortable opening your Phantom.
+1 one of the deciding factors for me to...I watched a buddy of mine spend $3,000 on a custom job to only be able to fly 7-8 mins...and the fpv range wasn't great either..needless to say discussing our copters with each other is a sore spot for one of us :roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl