Phantom 2 vision+ or Phantom 2/gopro/ground station/fpv/iosd

Reaction score
So I have been looking into buying a Phantom 2 but need help deciding which would be the better option. The vision + which is all inclusive or the Phantom 2 with 3d gimbal, go pro which ill then upgrade with the iosd mini, video transmitter and an iPad ground station.

Both will give me roughly the same capabilities but with the gopro set up I can get better video and I heard that the iPad ground station has more options the the vision + waypoint app. Not sure the is there is much of a difference when it comes to the iosd mini vs the vision+ system.

Any suggestions out there?

Re: Phantom 2 vision+ or Phantom 2/gopro/ground station/fpv/

Cooter3690 said:
So I have been looking into buying a Phantom 2 but need help deciding which would be the better option. The vision + which is all inclusive or the Phantom 2 with 3d gimbal, go pro which ill then upgrade with the iosd mini, video transmitter and an iPad ground station.

Both will give me roughly the same capabilities but with the gopro set up I can get better video and I heard that the iPad ground station has more options the the vision + waypoint app. Not sure the is there is much of a difference when it comes to the iosd mini vs the vision+ system.

Any suggestions out there?

It seems as thought you've done your homework on both types of setups.. IMO the P2 with GoPro is the way to go.. Unfortunately you will have to put it together but FPV on the P2 with GoPro is way more reliable.. How often do apps crash on your phone? They will continue doing so, worst time for it to happen is when you're relying on FPV to work.. I love the Visions but I also like being able to fly FPV without having to worry..

Re: Phantom 2 vision+ or Phantom 2/gopro/ground station/fpv/

Motoxer311 said:
FPV on the P2 with GoPro is way more reliable.. How often do apps crash on your phone? They will continue doing so, worst time for it to happen is when you're relying on FPV to work.. I love the Visions but I also like being able to fly FPV without having to worry..

I've been flying with the P2+ since it was released and have had no issues with the app. It just works the way it should.

For the OP, it sounds like your choices aren't comparable $$-wise. Whichever way you go, you'll have a good machine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers