Phantom 2 landing & takeoff problems

Good news lake flyer, except the 35 minute part.
Did you happen to compare "Level on the FC" with "Level on the Prop Shafts"?

I wonder if you have birds which have well mounted NAZA units.

Reactions: lake_flyer
Good news lake flyer, except the 35 minute part.
Did you happen to compare "Level on the FC" with "Level on the Prop Shafts"?

I wonder if you have birds which have well mounted NAZA units.

I did.

That's why it was a waste of time to have to open up both my Phantoms to do the 100% level calibration. It was an improvement for sure but I found that with a ruler (or a glass plate) on the prop shafts works just as well. In fact, after doing the calibration again, both birds closed, with a ruler and a bubble on the prop shafts, the result seems even better.

But in any case, it is a proven theory that the Phantom has to be level with calibration. Before, I didn't pay too much attention to that and smooth yawing 'on a dime' was impossible.

To me it is not proven that the controller itself has to be 100% level.
And I still think it is the craft itself that has to be level. The IMU is calibrated to the actual position it has. I think that calibration is actually the only way to tell Naza what it should be regarding as 100% level.

I don't think DJI intended us to open up our phantoms every IMU calibration.

According to the NAZA manual.. it doesn't need to be level itself, but it needs to be mounted parallel to the airframe and the airframe needs to be level.
If they required the NAZA to be level then it would have had a flat top to the case.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl