Phantom 2 Flight Time w/ Lightbridge

Reaction score
P2, H3-3D, GoPro 3+ Black (ribbon cable not plugged in), Lightbridge

I'm getting about 50% (on lightbridge OSD, less on P2 battery) around 9-10 minutes.
Doesn't feel very responsive to trust it to go very far much past that

Everyone else similar?

admax02 said:

I'm getting about 50% (on lightbridge OSD, less on P2 battery) around 9-10 minutes.

Everyone else similar?

9-10 sounds low to mine my P2 w/lightbridge gopro hero 3+ 12-15 min with about 35% left just getting into first batt warning.

Haze said:
admax02 said:

Everyone else similar?

9-10 sounds low to mine my P2 w/lightbridge gopro hero 3+ 12-15 min with about 35% left just getting into first batt warning.

50% at 10 minutes should give 35% at 13 minutes, so in the range that you are seeing.

Thanks for your responses. I saw some people on rcgroups saying 17-18 minutes, just don't see how that's possible

admax02 said:

Everyone else similar?

Why are you not plugging in the ribbon cable? Does that not impact anything? My ribbon broke in half the other day so I am just wondering....Thanks!

No need to. GoPro can power itself from its battery. One less thing to unplug when taking camera off, and don't have to worry about breaking it

Everyone else similar?[/quote]

Why are you not plugging in the ribbon cable? Does that not impact anything? My ribbon broke in half the other day so I am just wondering....Thanks![/quote]

Phantom 2 v1.0 w/ AVL58 Lite @ 9443 props: 16-17 min

Phantom 2 v2.0 w/ Lightbridge @ 9450 props: 11 min
Phantom 2 v2.0 w/ Lightbridge @ 9443 props: 12 min

Phantom 2 v1.0 w/o any video system @ 9443 props: 16-17 min (about the same as w/ AVL58 Lite)
Phantom 2 v2.0 w/o any video system @ 9443 props: 16-17 min (about the same as v1.0)

Because the tests with the same set of props and no video system onboard are about the same, I am concluding that the significant loss in flight time is due to having the Lightbridge, and its weight and power usage requirements.

I have been thinking of installing LB on my vision + but after reading this post I am not so sure. In my current setup I get about 18 minutes until I reach the 20% battery life. From what I read here I will get substantially less if I use LB. Is that due to the weight of the air unit? If I remove all the unnecessary stuff from my vision + will it be better. Like the WiFi unit and the 5.8 receiver?

You need to compare apples with apples. These folks have a heavier setup with the H3-3D gimbal and a GoPro. The P2V+ gimbal/camera is much lighter in comparison.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4