Phantom 2 controller with racing quad

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have an old Phantom 2 vision+ I don’t use anymore (got a phantom 4) and I am also curious about getting into racing quads. I have taken apart my phantom 2 vision+ and was hoping to see a more standard RX. My goal is to use the transmitter from the phantom on a racing drone to avoid spending $$$ on a new transmitter and receiver. The Rx in the phantom has 2 antennas and 2 3pin ports. Does anyone know what each port is and if it will work with a standard flight controller. /note: I do not plan on using the NAZA module, as I want a fully acrobatic race quad. Thanks!

Reactions: Capt KO
You can also search YouTube..from what I've seen, if there's any topic in existance, chances are that somebody's made a video about it. In my limited experience, most everybody's using Betaflight to run flight controllers, and I have doubts whether or not you can marry up a DJI reciever with a modern (i.e., racing drone) flight controller. Probably lots of experimentation involved.

You can also search YouTube..from what I've seen, if there's any topic in existance, chances are that somebody's made a video about it. In my limited experience, most everybody's using Betaflight to run flight controllers, and I have doubts whether or not you can marry up a DJI reciever with a modern (i.e., racing drone) flight controller. Probably lots of experimentation involved.
I’ve done a fair bit of internet research and haven’t found much information. I also researched if there were any receivers that could pair with the transmitter and didn’t find much information. I’ll continue to research and I’ll see if anyone else on the forum knows the nitty-gritty of DJI TX/RX.

I will also add that I do not mind buying a new receiver that can pair with the phantom transmitter. I also have both the old and new transmitter from the phantom 2v+ if that changes anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers