phantom 2 controller joystick remapped

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm in desperate need of help. I don't know what happened, I used my Phantom 2 normally a few months ago, but now I bought a new controller and tried to fly it. Now both of the controllers are controlling the gimbal with one joystick instead of the propellers. The motors won't even start because of this. I calibrated both controllers several times in several ways, and nothing helps. I even reinstalled all the firmware several times, nothing helps. Please help me.video of the problem

Hi!
I'm in desperate need of help. I don't know what happened, I used my Phantom 2 normally a few months ago, but now I bought a new controller and tried to fly it. Now both of the controllers are controlling the gimbal with one joystick instead of the propellers. The motors won't even start because of this. I calibrated both controllers several times in several ways, and nothing helps. I even reinstalled all the firmware several times, nothing helps. Please help me.video of the problem

Have you taken the time to pair the new controller to the P2? Here's a link to the manual if you haven't one.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

Hi!
Thank you for your answer. I have linked it, several times in fact, but it doesn't seem to work properly. It is linked, because the controller is controllink the phantom, but wrongly mapped.

If the control sticks are working in reverse ( I guess that's what you mean by wrongly mapped ) then In the RC software which them back to NOR.

Reactions: Oso
Nope, by wrongly mapped I mean, as you can see in the video, that the left joystick is controlling the rotation of the gimbal, instead of the actual motors of the drone. Please open the google drive link, so you can see the video I attached.

Nope, by wrongly mapped I mean, as you can see in the video, that the left joystick is controlling the rotation of the gimbal, instead of the actual motors of the drone. Please open the google drive link, so you can see the video I attached.

There's no link to watch.

I bouth it used, I think it was installed seperately, but it was working for like 4 years perfectly for me. The problem started occuring when I connected the new remote controller to the drone. Since then, both of the controllers have been doing this for god knows what reason, even after several disconnecting and connecting. Really frustrating. Do you know any reason why it would be doing this?

Actually, I even tried disconnecting the gimbal from the drone, but then the remote controller just won't do anything at all.

Sound like bought the wrong controller. A P2 uses 2.4GHz and you might have bought a P2 vision controller which uses 5.8GHz. Look on the back of the controller and see what frequency it uses.

I bouth it used, I think it was installed seperately, but it was working for like 4 years perfectly for me. The problem started occuring when I connected the new remote controller to the drone. Since then, both of the controllers have been doing this for god knows what reason, even after several disconnecting and connecting. Really frustrating. Do you know any reason why it would be doing this?

Sound like you bought the wrong controller. A P2 uses 2.4GHz and you might have bought a P2 vision controller which uses 5.8GHz. Look on the back of the controller and see what frequency it uses.

Already checked it, it's 2.4 Ghz, and as I said it doesn't work now either with the old one, which used to work perfectly. Actually, in the video I linked I was trying it with the old one, which is the one that came with the drone from DJI.

Already checked it, it's 2.4 Ghz, and as I said it doesn't work now either with the old one, which used to work perfectly. Actually, in the video I linked I was trying it with the old one, which is the one that came with the drone from DJI.
You quickly dismissed the suggestion in post 4, but I’m curious to know for sure if you’ve already checked the stick mapping setting in the app. If the settings were changed for some reason, the same setting changes would show on any controller since the settings are saved in the app.

Yeah, well the thing is that in the app the settings are only for normal or reverse mapping. Now by the way I even messed around with those settings without any success too, but my problem is not with whether the propellers are going up or down, but that the joystick itself is controlling the wrong thing on the drone (the gimbal instead of starting the motors). I don't even have the slightest idea how this could happen, it feels like someone rewired the drone or something, I know, but nobody opened the drone ever, so it is really odd.

Hi!

The left and right movement is normal when you move the yaw stick, this happens all quads, you cant start the motors suggests a calibration issue, or a MODE type issue

take a look at the video below, it shows how to fully calibrate the controller and also how to change from mode1 to mode 2 in the software

Thank you for your answer. I was finally able to resolve it by calibrating the controller, and playing with the settings in the app for one more time. I thought that the joystick moving the gimbal was an error, thank you for making it clear that it is normal. And thank you all for helping me!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj