phantom 2 battery mod

Reaction score
I don't have the genuine dji phantom 2 battery, can someone help me make a lipo battery drone without the dji battery circuit? I beg you to help me

Reaction score
I don't have the genuine dji phantom 2 battery, can someone help me make a lipo battery drone without the dji battery circuit? I beg you to help me
Hello Trung, If you can open the case of the original DJI battery, you can replace the cells with those from another 3s battery.[or fit a complete 3s battery].For charging without the DJI battery circuitry, you will need to be able to access the balance charge connector of your replacement battery.

• Love
Reactions: trung
Reaction score
Hello again, Further to my previous reply, I should have added that with replacement 3s battery cells and access to the balance port ,you would now have to charge using a [non DJI] quality balance charger,with clips to the "power" terminals and then connection to the balance plug.

Reaction score
Hello Trung, I've received an email saying that you have replied to my previous post,but it is not in English,and it won't translate.I'm sorry,but I don't know what you are saying.Can you re-post in English?
Regards-Ian

Reaction score
The P2 battery reports as having 3 cells but i can say DEFINITIVELY that it actually has 6, 3 pairs of 2. What I dont know for sure is whether or not these "pairs of 2 cells" are in series or parallel and or how the battery control board reports the voltages of the individual cells. Here is what i do know about the P2 battery:
I've had them disassembled many times and there is definitely 6 distinct cells hard wired to the battery control board. Cell 2 (the center 2 cells of the 6) is wired electrically in an opposite polarity when viewed from above compared to the outer 2 cells to the battery control board. The P3 battery has 4 cells and while visually almost identical, its a very different unit in every way and should not be compared in any diagnosis to a P2 battery. So if you want to create a P2 battery using aftermarket cells along with an OEM battery control board I can likely help with a bit more testing.

Reaction score
The P2 battery reports as having 3 cells but i can say DEFINITIVELY that it actually has 6, 3 pairs of 2. What I dont know for sure is whether or not these "pairs of 2 cells" are in series or parallel and or how the battery control board reports the voltages of the individual cells. Here is what i do know about the P2 battery:
I've had them disassembled many times and there is definitely 6 distinct cells hard wired to the battery control board. Cell 2 (the center 2 cells of the 6) is wired electrically in an opposite polarity when viewed from above compared to the outer 2 cells to the battery control board. The P3 battery has 4 cells and while visually almost identical, its a very different unit in every way and should not be compared in any diagnosis to a P2 battery. So if you want to create a P2 battery using aftermarket cells along with an OEM battery control board I can likely help with a bit more testing.
It's a 3S battery,irrespective of the number of cells.The pairs are in parallel, and then the 3 parallel pairs are in series,to make it a 3S.

Reaction score
Hi I mean, I want to run phantom 2 with a lipo battery that goes straight into phantom2 without using the circuit of its smart battery.

Reaction score
So is there any way to hack it?
Not that I'm aware of. The P2 mainboard needs to communicate with the battery control board in order to allow proper start up and flight. I have tried powering the P2 directly with a power supply and I simply got solid red lights on the arms and no other functions.

Reactions: trung
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. The P2 mainboard needs to communicate with the battery control board in order to allow proper start up and flight. I have tried powering the P2 directly with a power supply and I simply got solid red lights on the arms and no other functions.
Hi me too bh it can't fly so I have to find a way to hack it with normal battery

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordFlasheart