Phantom 2 Battery Charging, Maintenance, Use

Reaction score
Few questions regarding the P2 batteries.

1. I have read that if we are to store the batteries for more than a week, best practice is to keep it 50% charged (2-led bars on the battery). Is the best way to do this, just to fly the Phantom?

2. What about a maintenance schedule regarding how often to fully discharge and fully charge the battery?

3. Is there a percentage or voltage level the battery should not go below on a regular basis?

4. Does the first low battery warning (red led flash) occur at 10.65V?

I read that the 2nd Level Low Battery Warning is set to 15%

10.65V and the 2nd Level Low Battery Warning will trigger auto-landing?

What voltage is a fully charged battery?

Thanks!

Most of what you need is in the manual.

http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-downloads/

Two additional cautions that I would give you from the limited experience I have is:

1. The blinking lights are hard to see in full daylight so if you're using a controller that doesn't have a timer, use a stopwatch to keep track of how long you've been up and be sure to get close enough to check the battery light and/or battery warning lights around 15 minutes depending on your loading.

2. The THIRD level warning which is based on voltage only will cause auto-land, and makes the throttle less effective so if you fly to this point, you may find your Phantom sinking quickly and you have to apply full throttle to recover it. Beware of vortex ring state at that point too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj