Phantom 2 - 3D Zenmuse H4 + GoPro Black. It will not start...

This is what P2 looks like inside the shell as I have install the mini iOSD right next to the Naza module and the anti-interference board on the other side. I also marked out where the compass is connected along with the GPS module (which is in the top half of the shell). Now I have no idea of what you think the compass should look like but but you had it disassembled in the photo you posted.

I sent you a link for the User's Manual have you taken the time to read any of it??

View attachment 61833

Hi Jason, when I wrote "I opened the shell just to control if the the cable was connected properly. But there is nothing to connect inside the shell compass ...!" I of course meant shell Compass as shown in the last attached photo and NOT shell of the Drone, (shortly inside the Drone shell).
In the manual, you can see the compass. It is a little electronic device you have to connect to Compass cable. In the anti-static version you can not see it cause this device should be inside the white plastic compass shell... but when I opened the compass shell to check if the the cable was connected properly, there was ANY device inside it. Please, see again my last attached image.

Take that encapsulated compass and tape it to the right rear landing gear then run the cable through the hole in in the leg and plug it into the compass socket where I marked in the photo.
IMG_0839.jpg

Last edited:
The cable is already there!

Now plug in the GPS cable then connect the P2 to the assistant software and do an advanced IMU calibration as in this video.

Once you completed the IMU cal take the P2 outside and do the compass calibration.

"Now plug in the GPS cable..." ? Which is GPS Cable?

If you removed the top of the P2 shell to get inside the GPS module is in the top half of the shell along with the cable. So plug that cable into the indicated socket is this photo before trying to do the advanced IMU cal.
IMG_0839.jpg

Sorry, I don' t understand... the Compass cable is (it was already connected) the Compass Socket inside the drone shell.

The only socket you indicated is the GPS socket...

Sorry, I don' t understand... the Compass cable is (it was already connected) the Compass Socket inside the drone shell.

The only socket you indicated is the GPS socket...

Look in the top half of the shell. Do you see the gray patch at the top?? Well that is covering the GPS module and there is a 4 pin cable coming from it plug that into the indicated socket in the photo.

Oh my god Jason, I already know that, but this is not the problem! I can NOT entirely open my drone (my screws are stripped, remember?) , so the GPS socket was NOT disconnected. I say you that the problem is the Compass! The Compass cable is correctly connected in the Compass Socket, inside the drone shell, but at the other end of the Compass cable cable, where should be the Compass device (encapsulated in the white anti-static plastic shell) ,there is any Compass device, as I Showed you many times.

Just read the thread, you will need to buy the compass as your picture shows the empty shell. They are available as a complete unit on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oh my god Jason, I already know that, but this is not the problem! I can NOT entirely open my drone (my screws are stripped, remember?) , so the GPS socket was NOT disconnected. I say you that the problem is the Compass! The Compass cable is correctly connected in the Compass Socket, inside the drone shell, but at the other end of the Compass cable cable, where should be the Compass device (encapsulated in the white anti-static plastic shell) ,there is any Compass device, as I Showed you many times.

Your problem is that you did not clearly state that you still haven't gotten the shell opened. Before you can correct the problem with the compass error you will have to remove those two stripped screws. I suggested in my post #13 on the first page of this conversation how you might try to remove those screws. Have you even tried those suggestions??

Last edited:
Is that to clean up the FPV signal or give cleaner current to the gimbal motors or both?!

It filters the power being supplied to the gimbal to help minimize any interference with the video signal. I have flown without out the board and haven't noticed a diference with the video signal. Even put one in the TX power supply which made no diference in noise on the video which I later removed.

Let's get back to the issue at hand.

Okay Jason,
I have already ordered three days ago a new compass. About Drone shell, it is new, And I'd like to find a solution to remove stripped screws Instead of damaging the Drone shell and then having to buy again ...
Anyway, when arrive the new compass, i remove it from the short landing gear and put i the longer landing gear of my drone. Then I plug in the cable in the compass socket inside the drone (i hope I can make it without damaging the drone shell... and finally I make the Compass set up with the software (advanced IMU calibration).

Stay tuned, I'll be there here when the new compass will arrive.
Anyway, for now, many thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl