Phantom 1 or Phantom 2?

Reaction score
Hello guys, I need a litlle help here. I am thinking about buying a new DJI Phantom and I searched on the internet for some prices and models. I found the DJI Phantom Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter with mount for GoPro for $409 bucks. I also found the DJI Phantom 2 V2.0 Quadcopter without a gimbal or any mount for $490 dollars. So, which one you guys think is the best one? I do not have a go pro or any actiom cam yet but am planning to buy one soon. Thanks for your help !

Welcome to the party Marcelobr.

Take a peek in my signature for a google search link, works good... lasts long time.

I have no idea what your answer is, but if you want to provide a lot more information about what you intend to use your Phantom for, maybe you will get a good response. There is a great search link in my signature, along with other info. Most everything you can think of has been discussed, search for it, it will show up.

Enjoy the show... :D

Reactions: 750r
The P1 is a lot of fun but once you start adding cam ,gimbal , FPV , osd , your flight time gets cut in half I get around 6 min. Flight time loaded with a Mad Dog 2800 . You can make some mods to get a bigger battery .
The P2 loaded with everything I mentioned on the P1 I get around 15 min. Flight time and she flys more stable . If you made me choose between the 2 I would take my P2 hands down JMO . The battery's cost a lot more that would be the only downfall :(
GL :D let us know how you go .

I learned on a Phantom 1 and went through a drone or two. Well, three actually. Now I have two P2s and it's a major upgrade.

For the $81 difference, get the P2.

Accept that you'll spend more for batteries as well, but in the end you'll have much more ability to add upgrades and keep it in the air. Plus no monkeying with the P1's silly battery connector and the P2 comes with an honest On/Off switch.

Also, you should accept now that this hobby is going to cost you much more than $490. You WILL want upgrades. And a backpack or hard case. And iOSD. And FPV. Et cetera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik