Phantom 1 doesn't go through check

Reaction score
I crashed my drone on first test flight from about 10 feet. Had to order new prop nuts. Got those and I'm trying again. But, the drone doesn't go through its pre-flight check but I do get the green lights. I tried several times to start it up, but the motors won't work. I must have knocked something loose I assume. What should I do, open it up?

UPDATE: When I got back to the car I removed the props and tried to see if I could get the motors to spin. But, the drone seemed to be going through startup but then i got a series of yellow lights followed by one green. Then I picked the drone up and got one red followed by one yellow. Very strange. I have no clue what to do.

Last edited:
I would try to rebind remote & drone first before opening it up

Looks like you got to open shell to do it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: caupwhiting
Look around when you first open it up might see a loose wire or something

I crashed my drone on first test flight from about 10 feet. Had to order new prop nuts. Got those and I'm trying again. But, the drone doesn't go through its pre-flight check but I do get the green lights. I tried several times to start it up, but the motors won't work. I must have knocked something loose I assume. What should I do, open it up?

UPDATE: When I got back to the car I removed the props and tried to see if I could get the motors to spin. But, the drone seemed to be going through startup but then i got a series of yellow lights followed by one green. Then I picked the drone up and got one red followed by one yellow. Very strange. I have no clue what to do.

Research the light codes before you go tearing into it. You will likely just make things worse if you take it apart without knowing the light code.

I didn't take the drone apart but decided to try and get it into the air. I've flown it three times over at the local park and having a lot of fun but not letting it get very far from me. As far as I can tell there are no issues. I would like to test the "return home" function I've read about, but I'm not sure how to do it. You guys have been great in helping me with everything. Thank you all very much.

RTH is simple. Switch off your controller. The quad will notice it's lost it's signal and start it's return to home.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic